Push/Pull fan configuration

R0B_

Bronze Level Poster
Hay all!

Has anyone had any experience with changing the stock fans on the Cool IT ALC 240?

I'm intending to change the stock fans and I've got four 120mm fans coming in the post and I know that two of them are capable of 3000rpm and the other two at 5000rpm. My question being, should I be using the higher rpm fans to push into the lower rpm fans which would be pulling... or vice versa?

Many thanks if anyone has had any experience.

Teaz

Godlike
quite the killer rpm fans. what fans are they? you should get fans that aren't overly powerful and even them out as mixing up the fans will unbalance or bottleneck the rad. fans like the scythe Gentle typhoon or noctuas nf-p12 will do a good job for them.

i would use the powerful fans to do all the pulling while the weaker ones do the pushing in my view.

LinearHD

Rising Star
You should go for fans with a lower rpm (1800 maybe?) as they would be the most efficient in the PPC.

Teaz

Godlike
not really, depends on the Rad as some rads are designed for slow rpm fans while some other for faster ones. you should go for the stronger fans as the push or the weaker fans as the pull to get a better benefit gain i think. perhaps with a shroud help?

R0B_

Bronze Level Poster
They are all Gentle Typhoons... But 2 can reach 5000rpm and the other two can reach 3000rpm. I'm going to have a play about and I know I can use software to control fanspeeds with my ASUS Mobo... Just wanted to check whether the stronger fans should be on the push or the pull.

Man thanks!