"Puters"- Gardening and cycling

dousta

New to this forum but not to computing. I was one of those unfortunate people that 25 years ago had a computer dumped on his desk and told to read the manual. Did a lot of reading very quickly and became the "Guru" for the rest of the department- then the depot and then the company. Then disater struck and 12 years ago My Future Son-in-Law was going to Uni to study programming and although it took a bit of time- he eventually learnt enough to screw my computer up completely and I taught him how to correct it. So now if anything is to do with computers- he sorts it as I can no longer be bothered.

Like everything- if you don't use it- you lose it and that has been the case with me and computers. I am now a user but if I had time to get back into it-I could probably enjoy it again. Still do a lot of DTP and some of the internal writing of spreadsheats but most of my time is spent gardening and retaining the fitness I used to have. (As you can tell from my Avatar)

I used to build and set up my own computers but that was just an assembly job. Now ordered a new computer to replace my 7 year old antique and hope to find more time to use the computer when I retire next year. And talking of antiques- still use DOS on the Amstrad 2086 that I used at work 20 years ago. Alan Sugar has a lot to be blamed for in this household.