Question about bluetooth on the Optimus 540

blake_l

In the "detailed spec" section it says Bluetooth 2.1 module support, on the choice if WLAN cards it says GIGABIT with Bluetooth 3, does that mean that the laptops default option supports bluetooth 2.1 or simply that the machine would support it? Cheers

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for informing us of this mis-communication. The description has now been updated and can confirm that our laptops do indeed support Bluetooth 3.0. Bluetooth is not provided by default but can be added to your configuration as part of the wireless option on our configurator. :)

blake_l

Thanks for the reply

Would it also be possible for you too confirm whether NVIDIA Optimus technology works on the Enigma? As theres a big part about it on the products description but I found something along the lines of "Update: we tested the Enigma III 540 today and I can confirm that it does not support Optimus technology. However, the interesting thing is the battery: it lasted 3 hours 36 minutes playing muted DVD with Core i7 CPU & 8GB of RAM. " in another thread which has left me rather confused

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The Enigma III does not support Nvidia Optimus technology :(

In our tests the Enigma III 540 battery lasted 3 hours 36 minutes playing muted DVD with Core i7 CPU & 8GB of RAM.

blake_l

Alright thank you, not a deal breaker I was just confused by the description on the product page and the info to the contrary on the forums. :)