Question about Hard Drive Transfer

Mitchell

Hey. I have ordered my PC and it's apparently been built and is in testing (Exciting!) but I was wondering if/how easy it would be for me to use my old hard drive in my new PC.

I only want to use it for storage sake as my OS and such will be going on my new SSD in my new PC. It's just I don't really want to waste 1TB worth of HDD space if I can just dump it in my new PC. Could I just format it and wire it in somehow?

Gishank

Bright Spark
Yep... It's as simple as sliding it in (screwing it in if the case requires it) then attaching the SATA data cable to the mobo and HDD and then the SATA power from the PSU to the HDD. Once formatted (if you wish to) then you're good to go.

Mitchell

Well I have 1TB spilt across 2 drives it looks like. I only really need to format one of them (the one with my OS), I'm planning on dumping all my music and photos etc on the other to save using my olde ipod to transfer files -_-

This is going to be interesting to see how well I do at wiring it all in... Can't be that hard though? Surely not.