Question about RGB lights

ramspectrum

Thanks for all your previous help, I have asked a few :rolleyes:

I have 3 fans on the top of case, these lights always come one.
I have two main fans at the front of the box, sometimes, the lights just don't come on.
Furthermore, I have iCUE and Armoury crate installed, by default.
If I load up Armoury crate then go to lighting and click on any type, rainbow etc, they instantly come back on.
95% of the time the lights always come on at start up, I am just confused why they don't sometimes.
I find iCUE a little confusing in regard to the lighting effects, but I do look at other information it gives me.

Any Ideas?
The front fans are always working, it's just the lights.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks for all your previous help, I have asked a few :rolleyes:

I have 3 fans on the top of case, these lights always come one.
I have two main fans at the front of the box, sometimes, the lights just don't come on.
Furthermore, I have iCUE and Armoury crate installed, by default.
If I load up Armoury crate then go to lighting and click on any type, rainbow etc, they instantly come back on.
95% of the time the lights always come on at start up, I am just confused why they don't sometimes.
I find iCUE a little confusing in regard to the lighting effects, but I do look at other information it gives me.

Any Ideas?
The front fans are always working, it's just the lights.
Armory Crate is the motherboard controller software, so if any fans are plugged into the mobo, they will be controlled by this.

iCue is the addressable iCue controller header, this will control icue fans and components alone.

The two don't play nice together and conflict.

ramspectrum

Armory Crate is the motherboard controller software, so if any fans are plugged into the mobo, they will be controlled by this.

iCue is the addressable iCue controller header, this will control icue fans and components alone.

The two don't play nice together and conflict.
I had a feeling they conflict, so I stick to Armoury crate for lighting, and iCue for its own purpose.
But like I said, fans are working, just sometimes I look down and the front facing fans RGB are off, I accidentally found out if I go to Armoury crate and just select a type of pattern, boom, they come back on.
It's not a biggy, just a little annoying that I don't know why it is sometimes off, but the top ones are always on, and never have the lights gone off on the top.

If they conflict, I don't want to uninstall iCue, obviously. Its needed too.
When I went to iCue today, it said lighting was controlled by scenes...
So I disabled scenes, in the hope it would solve the issue.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I had a feeling they conflict, so I stick to Armoury crate for lighting, and iCue for its own purpose.
But like I said, fans are working, just sometimes I look down and the front facing fans RGB are off, I accidentally found out if I go to Armoury crate and just select a type of pattern, boom, they come back on.
It's not a biggy, just a little annoying that I don't know why it is sometimes off, but the top ones are always on, and never have the lights gone off on the top.

If they conflict, I don't want to uninstall iCue, obviously. Its needed too.
When I went to iCue today, it said lighting was controlled by scenes...
So I disabled scenes, in the hope it would solve the issue.
Best to set what you need to in Armory Crate, then uninstall it fully.

Then the Armory Crate stuff should work as intended while not disturbing iCue.

ramspectrum

Best to set what you need to in Armory Crate, then uninstall it fully.

Then the Armory Crate stuff should work as intended while not disturbing iCue.
Thanks, that is better.
I feel more in control of it now.
Hopefully I won't have the same issue.
Armoury is gone.
I control everything through iCUE
I noticed on Armoury, it was helpful in regard to updates regarding devices, motherboard, etc etc
What is the best program to use to make sure all my components are up-to-date?

Thanks again.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I noticed on Armoury, it was helpful in regard to updates regarding devices, motherboard, etc etc
Unfortunately it's not, it's well known to install the incorrect versions making windows unstable.

The only way to update drivers is through windows update.

For any software addons, you go direct to the motherboard listing.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Open source OpenRGB might be worth a look. I use it control my Corsair fans and AIO pump as well as Asus motherboard Aura RGB and Razer peripherals. Lightweight, configurable, removes the need to have three separate, bloated applications always running.

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Open source OpenRGB might be worth a look. I use it control my Corsair fans and AIO pump as well as Asus motherboard Aura RGB and Razer peripherals. Lightweight, configurable, removes the need to have three separate, bloated applications always running.
Interesting, how does it control the AIO pump? I can't see that described as functionality or it supporting the Commander Core on the OpenRGB website unless i missing it ?

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Support for Commander Core will be in 0.8 release, coming soon, but the pipeline (beta I guess) version supports it. Working well for me. I'll add screenshots later when I'm on the PCS machine.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Screenshot of OpenRGB for the Commander Core, and the 6 ML120 fans connected to it.

1654785531048.png

As you can see you can set colour on a per LED basis