Question about upgrading to fast track delivery.

JamieRIOT

Bronze Level Poster
Hi everyone,

I ordered a Vortex IV on the 22/04/14 with standard delivery and it's currently sitting in pre-production on the 10th working day. I am aware that PCS seem to be very busy at this moment in time, so some people have been stuck in pre-pro for even longer than I have.
This has made me pretty tempted to pay for the 5 day fast delivery, just as I am getting the itch to get the laptop! :) I ordered the Vortex IV through the PCS finance option, so am unsure if I do upgrade the delivery, whether I can pay the £39.00 on debit card.
Has anyone else ever done this before?

Thanks.

steaky360

Yup, I amended my order to include fast track (although it was only after a couple of days - still it should be fine) only thing to bare in mind is that if some of the components in your order are out of stock the fast track won't be possible.

You can amend the order though to include fast track and PCS will be in touch if there's an issue (they got in touch with me the next day to go through some stuff with me)

JamieRIOT

Bronze Level Poster
@steaky360 - Cool. Just to check, you did finance and added the faster delivery with card?

steaky360

woops sorry no, I didn't order on finance the time I used the fast track. However the process would be the same, the finance agreement is separate now so any amendments need to be paid for (or refunded) separately. It shouldn't cause a problem as you say you can just pay by debit card.

JamieRIOT

Bronze Level Poster
Very tempted after seeing others waiting so long for their orders to come through on standard orders. I could have done this sooner, but will still (potentially) save a lot of time if I do. Thanks for the help steaky360 and keynes!

IKEAboy_2006

I feel your pain. Waiting for new toys is always a nightmare. I ordered up an Optimus V (13.3" with GTX860M) and it's currently in pre-production

Processed Date 02-05-2014
Pre-Production Date 06-05-2014

I didn't opt for FastTrack when I placed the order as I wanted to minimise the overall cost as much as I could. So, I just have to suffer the wait. But I'm thinking now that this pr-prod stage is going to be to long. I'll give PCS till Monday 5pm to shift my order into build stage. If it's not in build by then, I think i will just cancel my order, as the novelty of a new laptop has kinda worn off now :(

EDIT: The last time I ordered from PCS was in 2012 (Vortex II with Raedon 6990M) and it flew out the door

Processed Date 19-03-2012
Pre-Production Date 20-03-2012
Build Date 20-03-2012
Test Date 21-03-2012
Awaiting Dispatch Date 21-03-2012
Dispatch Date 21-03-2012

Last edited:

JamieRIOT

Bronze Level Poster
@IKEAboy_2006 - It looks like people are having to pay the premium if they want their new toy quick, as PCS seem very busy. I paid for 5 day fast track delivery last night and it went into building today :) I was in pre-production for 7 working days and wasn't moving, but some people have been in that stage much longer. If you don't mind paying £39 for the 5 day delivery, go for it!

Last edited:

IKEAboy_2006

@Jamie... Yeah, looks like they are run off their feet just now. I contacted them yesterday and asked what my estimated delivery date would be if I kept my order as-is, i.e. normal build time. The answer was not very good I'm afraid. They told me that I could 'expect' delivery by about the 28th of May. Which is way too long to wait. I explained that I'd have liked this order delivered through my door before next weekend. The answer was that if I wanted that, I'd have to upgrade to Fastrack (3 day), which would mean my order would be placed into build phase today and despatched next Tuesday (believe that when I see it).

The sensible 48 year old in me was telling me to cancel... but the inner 10 year old in me was screaming UPGRADE! So I caved and bolted on the 3 day fast track service at £69 :D

Looking at my order status now, it's still in pre-production state. Hmmmm :(

JamieRIOT

Bronze Level Poster
Well upgrading to the 5 day dispatch has been worth every penny so far. I paid Wednesday night, it went into building yesterday (Thursday) and today has already been tested on gone through to quality control. Hopefully it will be dispatched Monday or Tuesday! :)
Anyone not willing to wait for the standard delivery (due to the current busyness) should definitely consider choosing either the 3 or 5 day dispatch options.