Question for Mods/Admin

TrustMeItsWorthIt

Gold Level Poster
Hi all,
hoping to get a definite answer on three questions,
1) I'm looking to buy the Nvidia 560 Ti GPU but wanted to know who supplies your 560 Ti's? someone said they thought it was Palit, I'm really hoping to know if it will ship with a Mini-HDMI or standard HDMI socket?
2) PC cases; will the Maelstrom T900 case be cool enough for the spec below? I'm aware it "wont hurt" to get a bigger/better case but I like the look of the Maelstrom.
3) How does the case fans option work exactly, will I have to call you up after putting my order in to organise what fans I need in it or will you put the optimum number of fans in as standard?

I'm planning to SLI the GPU in the future,

SPEC

Case
PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE
Overclocked CPU
Overclocked Intel® Core™i5-2500k Quad Core (3.30GHz @ max 4.60GHz)
Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z68-V PRO: USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, NVIDIA® SLI™, ATI® CrossFireX™
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti - 2 DVI,HDMI,VGA - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB OCZ VERTEX 3 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 500MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W TX SERIES (TX750) 80+ ULTRA QUIET PSU (£86)
Processor Cooling
COOLIT ECO A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER) (£49)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC COOLING MX-3 HIGH THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD (£16)
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables
1 x 2 METRE GOLD PLATED V1.4 HDMI CABLE (£8)
Keyboard & Mouse
LOGITECH® MK250 WIRELESS KEYBOARD & MOUSE COMBO (£19)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
SATURDAY DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (BEFORE 12 NOON) (£19)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Quantity

Price: £1,245.00

Any help would be appreciated

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
if you want help from the officials, wait til i think it is 9.00 and they should come on suppot lines, although im not sure if its available on sundays

TrustMeItsWorthIt

Gold Level Poster
Yeah I was just hoping someone might check over the weekend, anyway I know I've addressed it to mods/admins but anyone's opinion would be appreciated!

Thanks for the help wozza

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i dont think they come one at all during sundays, the best time to catch their support is saturday morning as well, damn

also sometimes they just get graphics cards from wherever they can, some of them are obviously more popular than others and very hard to get a hold of

you can remove the memory card reader as well if you do not need it, and do you really need the saturday delivery thing? id rather get the 5 day dispatch

also HDMI cables are available at a much lower price, check it: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hdmi&x=0&y=0

and unless you need wireless, id recommend wired, it ends up much cheaper, for a start you are already saving a fiver just by switching to wired, then you wont have to pay for batteries.. the reaction time is also slightly quicker although barely visible

and you are getting this expensive system so im assuming you'll want Windows.. unless you already have a copy i recommend getting it here

if you want to SLI your GPU in the future i would consider at least a 1000W PSU, i would check the config with a second graphics card to see what it requires

I cant recommend enough caching part of your SSD, i recommend using around 30GB for caching and this will greatly improve the speed of your other HDD, your normal drive will feel nearly as fast as the SSD, and the faster access speed SSD should also help you

MrShteeeve

The case is adequate enough don't worry about that, they will also put in the optimal amount of fans needed with the space given after installing the components listed in your spec. As for the supplier of the GPU's I would PM a mod and they usually get back same day or at least next day :). If all else fails just give them a call or use the live support option on the homepage :).

RichH

Gold Level Poster
Corsair 750W psu will be fine for sli'd 560's but nothing bigger, best way to check is to just add in a 2nd card and see what the configurator says.

He probably does want Saturday delivery as I did as he probably works Mon-Fri.

Would you rather pay £19 to get a delivery on Sat or lose wages or use up a days annual leave just for DHL to decide they don't want to deliver on that day ?

As for case fans, I believe PCS will install the maximum number of fans that will fit in your case with you chosen components.

TrustMeItsWorthIt

Gold Level Poster
Brilliant answers from all of you, thanks! Yeah I work mon-fri and want to be there when by baby arrives :)
I need wireless keyboard/mouse, its not a classic workstation set up, the PC's going under my TV so I want a bit of mobility
I've checked the PSU and 750w should be enough even with SLI as RichH said. I'm going to go with the HDMI you've given me, cheers Wozza. I'm definitely SRTing part of my SSD the benefits seem huge.
I might wait to find out about the make of GPU till closer to my purchase, I'm not going to be buying for a couple of months and if they change makes relatively often they'll of probably changed buy the time I buy.
Although if one of the mods wants to clarify the issue on monday it would be much appreciated!:)

Thanks people you've helped loads (again)

RichH

Gold Level Poster
from previous posts I've read, they will only be able to tell you which makes of card they currently have in stock, so you would probably be best off giving them a ring when you are ready to order.

Also, its not unusual for your order to take over a week from when you order to when it starts being built, so I guess there is a potential for you to end up with a different make anyway if they run out of stock and get a new make in.