Question Regarding Payment

DarkPaladin

Enthusiast
Hi,

I've recently purchased a customised laptop for £2,000+. I amended one of the specifications and it states that it has been paid for, however I received an email to notify me that the sub-order payment wasn't authorised (using a different debit card to the original).

Does this mean that the payment has been accepted? Or will I have to enter the details again?

Thanks for any immediate responses.

Rakk

The Awesome
I'd probably phone PCS to check, whilst I think it probably means it hasn't been paid, it's difficult to tell and you wouldn't want to end up double-paying, so yeah I'd give them a call cos PCS are the only people who can really verify it.

Carlosis

Bronze Level Poster
Sorry to hijack but when you say sub-order with a different card, were you able to pay for the entire order with two separate payment cards? This is something I'd be looking at doing in the near future to help pay for something through PCS.

Rakk

The Awesome
Sorry to hijack but when you say sub-order with a different card, were you able to pay for the entire order with two separate payment cards? This is something I'd be looking at doing in the near future to help pay for something through PCS.

I suspect the sub-order was done for additional items after the initial order which is why it was allowed on 2 separate cards, cos I don't think you're allowed to split one payment over 2 cards - though I may be horribly wrong :)

DarkPaladin

Enthusiast
I paid for the laptop with a Visa Debit card (my own), and the sub-orders with my brother's (which I paid him in cash for). I ordered an additional amendment which was accepted without email, but the item in question still has "paid" with the email being sent. I've sent a message to their customer service and I'll update the thread when I get a response.

To summarise for you (from my experiences); you can pay for the sub-orders with another form of payment.

DarkPaladin

Enthusiast
I suspect the sub-order was done for additional items after the initial order which is why it was allowed on 2 separate cards, cos I don't think you're allowed to split one payment over 2 cards - though I may be horribly wrong :)
Basically what I did. I paid for the sub-orders with a different card as (expected) my balance is low at the moment! I'm looking forward to getting the laptop, but I hope it's dealt with shortly so I know whether or not to retry the payment.