Question???

Luffy

Bronze Level Poster
Do I have to connect the gpu to the monitor or motherboard.
Details. Tuf gaming z490 plus and NVIDIA 2060

Luffy

Bronze Level Poster
No I meant does the gpu connect to the monitor or motherboard but if it connects to both that means more cables yeah

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
No I meant does the gpu connect to the monitor or motherboard but if it connects to both that means more cables yeah
The GPU clips into a slot on the motherboard. You then plug a HDMI or DisplayPort cable into the connection on the back of the graphics card. Only one cable is required to connect the card to the monitor.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Ok so I need two cables to connect the motherboard and gpu to the monitor right
No. That’s why I said only one cable is required. Read the post again, the GPU goes inside the case and clips into the motherboard. You then go to the back of the case where you’ll see the ports of the graphics card. A single cable is then used to connect the GPU to the monitor.

Luffy

Bronze Level Poster
Sorry if this is getting annoying but just to confirm one cable and everything is connected

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
B1E90340-F2FD-41AF-8DFA-CB47D444CAAA.jpeg

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Sorry if this is getting annoying but just to confirm one cable and everything is connected
Just a cable from GPU to monitor, hdmi or display port depending on how you are connecting. The GPU connections on outside of case. They will be located around the middle at the back of the case.

The GPU is already connected to the Motherboard inside the case.