Questions in principle, prior to pushing the big green "Go" button...

Hi all

I am new to the forum, but not new to PC building or PCS as I've bought many machines for clients from them. These question pertain to my own new "rig" (as the in crowd calls them). I am looking to build a machine for high-end gaming and also, multi-monitor workflow. I work in IT Support and am not interested in Cinebench or modelling, but really, 4K Gaming and multi-tasking. The PC budget itself would be circa £2k + vat, with additional for monitors depending on recommendation. I am aiming for a 3-screen setup, all on DisplayPort and at 60Hz.

I'd only really game on one monitor, unless it was undemanding and the GPU could push 60fps on more than one (unlikely without DLSS 2.0 which, I don't know if it supports multi-monitor setups)?

In terms of CPU, I'm firmly on the Ryzen bandwagon but like any sane person, am waiting for Zen-3. Possibly 8-core (I might play around with Virtual Machines). I'm also holding off on picking a GPU pending RDNA2 and the possible launch of a 20GB 3080 if it is felt that the 10GB variant won't cut it for 4K in the medium term?

Already have a nice keyboard, mouse and speakers.

In no particular order then...

1. Of PCS' current cases, which offers the best cooling?
2. Thoughts on M.2... I am thinking of 2x very high speed 1TB PCIe4 M.2 drives and then I will DIY fit some standard SSD storage for my bulk files. There will be no mechanical drives in this machine!
3. Would something like the Noctua NH-U14S CPU cooler be sufficient? Would rather stay with air cooling if possible but could be swayed...
4. Is the Arctix MX-4 worth going with?
5. I'm guessing 32GB 3600MHz RAM would be okay but PCS don't list CAS latencies?
6. Recommendations on monitors? My desk would accommodate 3x 32" screens I think. I don't want to overdo it with high-refresh panels so we're looking at 60Hz. HDR would be nice. Height-adjustable stands would be very useful.
7. PSU? I'm thinking RMx, circa 850 - 1000w. I have read that the efficiency curve means running a PSU at 50% load is more power frugal so it would make sense to spend a little extra for the higher capacity one and, of course, I'd get a little of the fabled "future proofing" that way too.

Please feel free to rip all these ideas apart as required! I'm open to new input and appreciative of people taking the time to read this post and to comment constructively.

Thanks in advance!

Problem here is that we don't yet have pricing information on the next gen CPUs (I believe it will be on 8th october) so it's difficult to recommend anything.

Yeah I realise that, but thanks for your feedback anyway! I'd just weigh the Zen3 options as we know what they are. I'd welcome, in the interim, any comments you might have on the other points though :)

Thanks again for coming back so quickly; much appreciated.