Questions With New Laptop

dbr

I've finally received my Optimus laptop and am now in the long process of setting it up how I want it...

I have two questions which I'm hoping someone can help me with.

The first is to do with the brightless controls. When I use Fn-F8 and Fn-F9 to adjust the screen brightness, I get an on-screen overlay of a bar graph with raises and lowers respectively with the up and down button controls however I don't actually see any difference in brightness on the screen.
I have a NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 which I believe is up to date.
What do I need to do in order to get this working?

My second question is regarding control Center. I have v2 installed and I am have a strange issue. I can adjust the keyboard backlight brightness and when I close the application the settings appear saved. But, when I disable the keyboard sleep timer and close the application, it does not save. Is this normal?

Thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've finally received my Optimus laptop and am now in the long process of setting it up how I want it...

I have two questions which I'm hoping someone can help me with.

The first is to do with the brightless controls. When I use Fn-F8 and Fn-F9 to adjust the screen brightness, I get an on-screen overlay of a bar graph with raises and lowers respectively with the up and down button controls however I don't actually see any difference in brightness on the screen.
I have a NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 which I believe is up to date.
What do I need to do in order to get this working?

My second question is regarding control Center. I have v2 installed and I am have a strange issue. I can adjust the keyboard backlight brightness and when I close the application the settings appear saved. But, when I disable the keyboard sleep timer and close the application, it does not save. Is this normal?

Thanks

Both issues relate to control center, you’ll likely need to install the latest from www.clevo.com.tw

The Clevo model number should be on the underside of the laptop.

dbr

Both issues relate to control center, you’ll likely need to install the latest from www.clevo.com.tw

The Clevo model number should be on the underside of the laptop.

The model number is N871EP but the nearest match on Clevo is a N871EL - not sure what the difference is?

I had a look at a few of the models to see what versions of control center were available and it looks as if v2 is the latest???

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The model number is N871EP but the nearest match on Clevo is a N871EL - not sure what the difference is?

I had a look at a few of the models to see what versions of control center were available and it looks as if v2 is the latest???

That's unusual, I've not seen that before. You could give PCS a call and ask for their advice on which model number to use, alternatively if you logon to your PCS order page you can download the original set of drivers for your build from there.

ahm

Thanks

Has anyone found a solution to this, please ? Control Center 2.0 AP Version 1.0.76 still doesn't fix it.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The version he quoted is actually a July 2019 version, a lot newer.
Ah. Fair enough. Although.....

....if the OP has a version that's newer than the one on the Clevo site how legitimate do we think it is? It begs the question why the 2019 version is not on the Clevo site...

Would it not be wise to try the one on the Clevo site for that chassis???

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ah. Fair enough. Although.....

....if the OP have a version that's newer than the one on the Clevo site how legitimate do we think it is? Would it not be wise to try the one on the Clevo site for that chassis???
It’s from the clevo site, they just haven’t got any sensible sorting so you have to hunt through for the latest version.

ahm

I'm only interested in the keyboardled one which is free. Can it live alongside CCC (which I'd use for the rest of the settings) ?