Quick check before ordering please!

Thrasher

Bronze Level Poster
Hello all - I will be placing an order for a new system either later today or tomorrow and just wanted to confirm everything should be good with the spec below. Primary use is for gaming and I had a max budget of £900-£1,000. Thanks for any feedback!

Case
COOLERMASTER SILEO 500 QUIET MID TOWER CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5-2500 Quad Core (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics

Motherboard
ASUS® P8H67-M LE: M-ATX, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0Gb/s,

Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)

Graphics Card
1.25GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 570 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
750GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD7502AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£72)

Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£19)

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE

Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Quantity

Price: £917.00 including VAT and delivery.

Thrasher

Bronze Level Poster
Cheers guys. I guess I will take the plunge!

One thing I forgot to ask was, what brand of graphics card is supplied? I could not see this mentioned anywhere so far.

Thanks again.

Rakk

The Awesome
The NVidia ones are generally Palit, not guaranteed to be Palit, but it is them most of the time (afaik).

Thrasher

Bronze Level Poster
Well I think today will be THE day. Just one final question, about the case this time. The case I chose above only appears to have 2 fans, which doesn't sound brilliant. I want the system to be as quiet as possible but obviously there is a trade off there with how much heat it will manage.

I'll have a look at a few more reviews this morning but was wondering whether it might be better to spend a tenner extra for the Coolermaster 690 II Case? I do actually prefer the more simple look of the Sileo 500 though.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
what are you using it for, the sileo is more for office work which isnt too intense but if you are gaming or video editing you may need something cooler

TudorVII

Enthusiast
If you're going to be gaming for long periods of time, a case with better air flow would be the best solution really.
Any of the cases in the £79 range should be sufficient, although I don't believe all of the fans are included in the price.
Someone else could probably confirm or deny that, additionally you could call PCS to enquire about it.

Thrasher

Bronze Level Poster
It will be primarily for gaming.

I do like the look of the Sileo more than the CM690 II though like I say. I prefer a more clean asthetic. Hell, maybe I should just spend an extra £30 and get the Antec 900. I had one of those for my last system and it was very nice, a little on the large side but had enough fans to calm the beast. :)

EDIT - I should defo enquire regarding the fans, thanks Tudor. Might as well have whichever case I choose maxed out. I assume most of these cases have a speed select for the fans like I know the Antec 900 should.

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
what about the HAF 912?

i also think the 690 looks quite smart and clean compared to others

most cases dont have a fan controller to select speeds but you can buy one to easily install

Thrasher

Bronze Level Poster
I've noticed the HAF 912 is pretty popular round these parts but I'm not too keen on the look of it tbh. It looks a bit...industrial.