Quick question

Storm.rl

I’ve had my pc for a while and we’ll I’ve done some upgrades too it. One of them was adding another m.2 however with the pc package I never got a screw or socket to install a second m.2? I googled my motherboard and found out it can house 2 m.2’s so I’m pretty unsure why I never got the needed screws I would get if I bought the pc components myself.

Also not a question but wish I would have got sent the boxes that my things came in would be nice to be able to resell when upgrading!

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I’ve had my pc for a while and we’ll I’ve done some upgrades too it. One of them was adding another m.2 however with the pc package I never got a screw or socket to install a second m.2? I googled my motherboard and found out it can house 2 m.2’s so I’m pretty unsure why I never got the needed screws I would get if I bought the pc components myself.

Also not a question but wish I would have got sent the boxes that my things came in would be nice to be able to resell when upgrading!
Re M.2 screw: Any parts that werent't used in your build would have been put in the Welcome box you got with the PC, have you checked in there? It'll be in a pretty small bag so worth rummaging around a bit

Re boxes: It's been requested a few times, one of the reasons they don't do it is a lot of the components they don't actually recieve in their retail packaging so wouldn't be able to pass it onto you anyway. The other reason would be shipping cost, adding a load of empty boxes to the big box wouldn't be that efficent for shipping. Another thing worth mentioning, especially in the current market is scalpers- if they were given retail boxes, it'd make taking a card and reselling it for a quick profit a lot easier instead of it going towards someone that will actually use it for the fair prices PCS offer them for.

Storm.rl

Re M.2 screw: Any parts that werent't used in your build would have been put in the Welcome box you got with the PC, have you checked in there? It'll be in a pretty small bag so worth rummaging around a bit

Re boxes: It's been requested a few times, one of the reasons they don't do it is a lot of the components they don't actually recieve in their retail packaging so wouldn't be able to pass it onto you anyway. The other reason would be shipping cost, adding a load of empty boxes to the big box wouldn't be that efficent for shipping. Another thing worth mentioning, especially in the current market is scalpers- if they were given retail boxes, it'd make taking a card and reselling it for a quick profit a lot easier instead of it going towards someone that will actually use it for the fair prices PCS offer them for.
Yes I check the welcome box at all the screws and none of them fit the screw bit and okay we’ll that’s fair I think they should offer it as a cost to the customer but as they don’t get the boxes then it’s okay. Just wondering as with a replacement GPU I got the box.

Storm.rl

I just checked again and there’s no screw which is the same as the one or similar to the one used for my first m.2 :/ there’s no real point going through the hassle of customer support to get a screw is it?

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If the motherboard was supplied with spare M.2 screws, PCS would include in the welcome box as Junior mentioned. My spare M.2 standoff and screw were in the plastic bag with all the other case screws. Tiny yokes so easy to overlook them. Also in the box were the additional rubber pads to use if the SSD is single sided.

Last edited:

Storm.rl

If the motherboard was supplied with spare M.2 screws, PCS would include in the welcome box as Junior mentioned. My spare M.2 standoff and screw were in the plastic bag with all the other case screws. Tiny yokes so easy to overlook them. Also in the box were the additional rubber pads to use if the SSD is single sided.
I don’t have that either? I have tiny squares, and then many other random screws but nothing that is close to fitting my motherboard