Quiet PC

I would like to buy an All in One that has no fan, or if that’s not possible, a fan that hardly ever needs to operate, as I’ve grown tired of noisy PCs and laptops.

Is this possible?

What I would like is a large screen (24 to 27) with a minimum of 2TB SSD storage. I would use it for share price charting, low scale photo/video editing, word processing and film watching.

Any ideas?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
All-in-ones tend to be the worst of the 3 form factors, as you pay a premium to get laptop-spec (usually lower power consumption) components but then don't have the portability of a laptop.

It also makes upgrading difficult, as there's not a standard path for upgrades like there is with a desktop.

There's nothing stopping you building a quiet desktop, but the choice of CPU/GPU/case and usage will dictate how hot and thus noisy it will get.

My last all-in-one was an Apple iMac...but your can't even (easily) upgrade the memory or SSD.

I don’t really need portability. I currently use a 2014 laptop with no battery. It does everything I need - just - but has become insanely slow.

I don’t have space for a desktop. I also prefer the look of All in Ones. I’m not too worried about future upgrades. I did consider an iMac but it only seems to go up to 1Tb storage and I kept hearing that it can get very noisy.

I considered a laptop with no fan, such as a MacBook Air, but the screen of that is too small.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I’m a Mac fan, but it still grates that you have to buy it how you want it to stay for the rest of its life…although I have plenty of external SSDs and HDDs for extra storage.

My Mac Studio is silent, and my external Thunderbolt enclosure fan is the only noise, but it’s a lot of money if you’ve not already invested a lot into the Mac ecosystem. Originally wanted an M2 32” iMac, but I got fed up waiting and went for the Studio & Display instead.