Quietest and coolest 15.6

Hello everyone

Which laptop among 15.6 range will make less noise and will be less hot. I do understand that it depends on GPU and CPU. For example, will Defiance with 3060 be better then Destian with 3060 ? Or Elimina with 3050? Or moving to bigger chassis 17,3 is better?

Another question. Which has the best display and is there any point of having resolution higher then 1080 on such small screens?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello everyone

Which laptop among 15.6 range will make less noise and will be less hot. I do understand that it depends on GPU and CPU. For example, will Defiance with 3060 be better then Destian with 3060 ? Or Elimina with 3050? Or moving to bigger chassis 17,3 is better?

Another question. Which has the best display and is there any point of having resolution higher then 1080 on such small screens?
All depends on what you're using it for and your budget?

Well basically my plan is buy top desktop in year 2023 to play future games like Starfield, TES 6, etc. By this time hopefully RTX 5700 wil be ready haha. Until then I need something moderately powerful to play mainly older games from my backlog plus some new releases such as COH 3 and WH2 which are not demanding to hardware.

Budget is 1000 - 1700. The less is better.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well basically my plan is buy top desktop in year 2023 to play future games like Starfield, TES 6, etc. By this time hopefully RTX 5700 wil be ready haha. Until then I need something moderately powerful to play mainly older games from my backlog plus some new releases such as COH 3 and WH2 which are not demanding to hardware.

Budget is 1000 - 1700. The less is better.
If you aren't going to get it till 2023, there is absolutely no point in speccing anything now, as tech and prices will have changed drastically

KriSta

Silver Level Poster
Generally speaking the larger the laptop chassi is , the better the airflow and cooling is . But I understand that 17.3" might not be for everyone . For your budget I´d say an Intel i7 11th gen , RTX 3060/ 3050Ti and 16 GB RAM + 1 TB SSD would be a good start .

Last edited:
Generally speaking the larger the laptop chassi is , the better the airflow and cooling is . But I understand that 17.3" might not be for everyone . For your budget I´d say an Intel i7 11th gen , RTX 3060/ 3050Ti and 16 GB RAM + 1 TB SSD would be a good start .
Ok thanks. What about Ryzen? Are they much hotter?

And which laptop has best display?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok thanks. What about Ryzen? Are they much hotter?

And which laptop has best display?
Ryzen uses significantly less power than Intel and will run about 10 degrees cooler on a decent chassis

For gaming, the TongFang chassis (recoil / destian / ionico) probably have the best displays

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The destian is a clevo chassis though ^^
The fans don't make too much noise with the 5600x/3070 pair, so, I guess with a 3060, it will be even quieter ^^

Ryzen uses significantly less power than Intel and will run about 10 degrees cooler on a decent chassis

For gaming, the TongFang chassis (recoil / destian / ionico) probably have the best displays
Ok.

How is Tongfang compared to Clevo in terms of reliability, build, software ?

My current laptop is Defiance which I bought in 2015. Been using it almost every day since purchase and never had any issues. Never repasted or cleaned inside. Absolutely indestructible machine. Maybe I am lucky with this unit.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
How is Tongfang compared to Clevo in terms of reliability, build, software ?
Personally I would say Clevo are built better, with lower general specs such as GPU and screen, but higher build quality as a result.

I've also got an old Clevo from 2014 (Vortex IV) which is chunky as hell, but I'm still using it every day as I did when I bought it and it's never let me down.

We've had quite a few niggles with the TongFang chassis, although I must say, this generation do seem much better than previous. So they're definitely heading in the right direction.

But the Destian is a really nice chassis, really nice, and it's a DTR (desktop replacement) so has desktop cpu's in, the fact it's Clevo just puts it up there in my estimation. Thanks @Tron1982 for the correction.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Never repasted or cleaned inside.
Oh my. Me and my CompuCleaner want to make a visit to you and clear that machine of what I can only assume is a dustball of epic proportions 👍

25D32CEB-7735-4358-BF6B-4B4D5B0DDE6C.png

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Thanks @Tron1982 for the correction.
Hem, is it sarcasm ? (sorry, really, i'm not sure about it ^^")

But the Destian is a really nice chassis, really nice, and it's a DTR (desktop replacement) so has desktop cpu's in, the fact it's Clevo just puts it up there in my estimation.
And sorry again, what do you mean ?

I don't want to be ... "aggressive" i just genuinely wonder what do you mean @SpyderTracks

(sorry if i'm not clear enough ^^")

KriSta

Silver Level Poster
I think DTR is soon just going to be a legacy product , I mean neither MSI or Dell or even Asus is making true DTR`s anymore . MSI used to have their GT76 Dragon line of behemouth laptops , and Dell/Alienware with their Area 51 machines and finally Asus with their ROG 703GX lineup . I think PCS and perhaps a handful other " butique " builders is left making them , based on Clevo chassis.

Sad state really as they used to be the best of the best .