Quoting for a Linux system: pre-shipping test

Hi,
I am new to this and hopefully I am not asking the obvious.
I have a quote for a workstation which does not include an operating system.
This is because I intend to install Linux.
I would like to know whether, before shipping, the system could be tested on Linux and which distribution would be used.
Would it be possible to have the system tested using a particular Linux distribution?
It would be Centos 7.6, in this case.

Thanks!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The system will be tested but using Windows. The Windows system will still be installed when you receive it so that you can confirm its working when you receive it.

Since you won't be paying for a Windows license you can just install your favourite Linux disto over the top of it.

Do ask for advice on your build on here because PCS do not officially support Linux on any build and you'll want to be sure there are no Linux gotchas in your proposed build. :)

Stephen M

Author Level
It is worth having a look at the Linux part of these fora, there is some useful stuff there. With a desk top you should be OK, although knowing the spec would help. There have been problems with the new Lafitte laptop as it has an over-restrictive BIOS which means booting from an NVMe is impossible with 'nix.

Thank you for the replies, I will have a peek at the Linux section, and ask questions , making sure of adding the specs

Cheers!
marina