Radeon HD 6670 Graphics card - Possible problem?

Rainy

Bronze Level Poster
I recently bought Dead Space 3 for Origin, I've been playing it for a while now and have come across a few slight issues that I need help with.

I can run the game on very high (graphics settings) smoothly, however when it gets to fighting enemies the game freezes for a split second - this happens on all the graphics settings from low to very high, yet when the settings are on very high, any other activity including flying in space etc (the more demanding parts of the game) it runs perfectly. Is my graphics card overheating? Or is the problem that my PC isn't up to the challenge of running this game when it comes to the combat?

My system specs are:

Intel Pentium G620 Dual Core @ 2.6GHz
ASUS Radeon HD 6670 2GB
4GB RAM
Windows 8 64-Bit

keynes

Multiverse Poster
If the gpu is overheating it will shut down/reset and the game is likely to crash. If it doesn't take place in other games I would say something is bottlenecking your system.

Rainy

Bronze Level Poster
Good to know that it isn't overheating, it's not even a year old yet. Do you have any idea what could be bottlenecking my pc? Or anyway of finding out by carrying out tests?

I can play L.A Noire, The Newest Tomb Raider, Crysis 2 without any issues like this.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Good to know that it isn't overheating, it's not even a year old yet. Do you have any idea what could be bottlenecking my pc? Or anyway of finding out by carrying out tests?

I can play L.A Noire, The Newest Tomb Raider, Crysis 2 without any issues like this.

I would try reinstalling the game and check if the problem persist, if the issues keep continuing even when you lower the settings and not present in other games then it is probably the game.