Rage PC System Requirements Released by Bethesda

Mattyp

Enthusiast
I'm really dubious about this game. It's had a lot of hype from IGN, which usually means it'll suck...a bit like 'Brink'.

I should be able to play it though! It's only £25 on amazon.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
wow those requirements are really low

do 9800GTX or HD5550 even exist anymore?

and thats for recommended (usually 60fps on high settings)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I've never taken the "recommended" specs for games to mean 60fps on high settings. You can't get much better than that, so not a lot of point putting them on the back as only a small % of people would have that spec.
Minimum lets you play it, Recommended lets you play it without worrying if your PC will die. And I am sure if you asked the forum nicely, they'd show you pics of their 9800GTXs still going strong :D

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i guess but youd think theyd suggest the new equivalent ie 550Ti or something rather than one of the old models

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
But then what would everyone that has a 9800GTX do? They wouldnt know if theirs was good enough! :D If you have a 500 series, I think you can be sure you'll be fine, or game developers are doing something very wrong (i.e. rather restricting the market they can sell to :D )

NilSatis

Bright Spark
The 25gb here of hd space needed strikes me as a bit strange for this game. From all I have seen of it, the textures and graphics used etc. do not look that monumental, which makes you wonder how they have compressed the textures. It also makes you wonder how large the actual game content is. Im all for a bigger game though if it has more content.....for me though this game although looking interesting, has the potential to be a let down; with Mattyp on this. I hope I am wrong! :)

MeveM

Bright Spark
Is Rage going to be one of those jumpy games? Couldn't stand Fallout 3, the start in those bloody subway tunnels and the ghouls, no flashlight, scared the bloody crap out of me, Thankfully Vegas didn't have any of that.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Those tunnels?! Its a Vault Jo! :D

Tbh, i'm with you though...I think my total play time on Dead Space is about 30 mins! And worth is there is no God cheat to give me even a small sense of security that if I do get jumped, I can't die ><

MeveM

Bright Spark
Those tunnels?! Its a Vault Jo! :D

Tbh, i'm with you though...I think my total play time on Dead Space is about 30 mins! And worth is there is no God cheat to give me even a small sense of security that if I do get jumped, I can't die ><

No no, not the vaults, they're a bit creepy as well, but when you move around in the ruined city, to get from different city sections you have to go down through the subways, and they're seriously creepy. No lights anywhere and those darn ghouls jump you. Pretty sure they make weird sounds as well.

Then you got some of the random buildings in the waste land where in the basements there's supermutants with the stealthboys... I'm not a pansy, but I can't stand jumpy or creepy games :p

I know what a vault is :p Played all the Fallouts, much prefered Fallout Tactics over all others. Best by far.

Last edited: