Raging!

brianyoung69

I was (initially) very satisfied with my new toy. The 2nd HD was not connected properly when it arrived it popped out in transit.

However, today, it has been constantly 'disappearing'. I looked at the connection, and the SATA connection is totally snapped. I think they usually lock into place once connected.

I have had to do use sellotape to get it to stay in place - shocking after £1600 spent

I have asked for a new cable!
Grr

wayhav

I was (initially) very satisfied with my new toy. The 2nd HD was not connected properly when it arrived it popped out in transit.

However, today, it has been constantly 'disappearing'. I looked at the connection, and the SATA connection is totally snapped. I think they usually lock into place once connected.

I have had to do use sellotape to get it to stay in place - shocking after £1600 spent

I have asked for a new cable!
Grr

Then it sounds like the cable snapped in transit, so why you should say its shocking after spending £1600 is a little strange, i cant see getting a new cable being a problem, hardly worth "Raging" over......

WhatCanIKeep?

Administrator
Staff member
We would first of all like to apologise for the inconvenience, can you please confirm if in the welcome box you have some spare SATA cables or not? If you don’t have this then please reply with your order number and I will be more than happy to send one out to you straight away.

Reactions: PCS

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Yeah normaly if you look inside your welcome pack you will have a couple of spare SATA cables, i only ordered 1 HDD but got 2 spare cables so have a quick look in their.

Its probably the catch that has broken, not a big deal and a very easy fix indeed.