Raid 0

jeebus

Hi, i just bought a couple of ssd's that i plan on installing on my new laptop, i think it was called 18.4" Vortex and used the Clevo x8100 case which allows 3 hard drives? I assume this is just something i need to setup in the BIOS?

How easy is it to setup the raid0 on the 2 drives and will i also be able to use the standard disc i have as a 3rd drive?

Many thanks in advance.

jeebus

Can anyone help? I just looked in the primary bay and have the cage but i can't see how you are supposed to connect any drives in there.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Hello jeebus

To setup RAID 1/0 - you just need to configure this and build the array in your BIOS. You may lose the data stored on the drives though when setting up RAID 0.

You can then use the standard disc as your third hard drive, but if you want to install your OS on this you will need to configure the drive boot priority in your BIOS. (I assume you'd want to boot from you SSD's anyway)

Connecting the drives is easy, they simply slot in, where the data and power connections connect to the ports.

jeebus

Thanks for replying PCS but when i check the primary drive there are no sata connections in primary disc bay.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately I haven't looked inside the X8100 recently, so cannot comment on setting this up. We will check on Monday for you and post back.

jeebus

Cool thanks,

This is the primary drive bay

117snwn.jpg

301ec6p.jpg

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
There should be a bracket supplied that was provided for you in your Welcome Pack box - can you heve a look at let me know if you can find it?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
If you look at the first picture you posted, in the top left hand corner is a connector, which connects to the drive cage. In your box (where you got the spare cage from), there is also a green silicon connector. Together the cage and connector will enable you to add a further two hard drives.

jeebus

Thanks PCS, i called tech support and the said much the same thing. It appears i am missing a part which they are going to send out to me.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Please use our official channels for checking such things in future. However, yes it was dispatched on Monday 23rd August @ 3:42 pm.

jeebus

Thanks PCS but i just got home and it still hasn't arrived yet. I tried to call through official channels but i just got cut off. Guess its COB now.

jeebus

Just got back from a week working away, i thought for sure i would have recieved this by now but still no sign. Waiting on someone answering the phone now.

Not a happy customer!

jeebus

No worries, got through eventually. Looks like it was lost in the post :(

You guys should use recorded delivery or something, now i have to wait for 2 weeks for a part from the supplier :(