Rakks planned new machine!

Tom DWC

Is that a set of X530s Rakk?

You know the adaptor that came with them, if you plug the three jacks into that:

original

Then connect one of these to the other end and plug that into the PC:

48E8D933F5E2A4F77BBC9EF9EC205CD1625E9E.jpg

(Male 3.5mm Audio Jack to RCA/Phono Audio Converter) In theory, not 100% sure but should work.

Rakk

The Awesome
Is that a set of X530s Rakk?
I think it is yes :)
You know the adaptor that came with them, if you plug the three jacks into that:
Ah cool, I even know where it is, I found it yesterday and was wondering if I'd be able to use it, just don't have the other cable to plug into it :)
Currently just plugged the light green cable into the middle port so I do at least get sound out of the main left and right speakers by my monitor.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
So, I now have some pictures of the new machine, not many, though as I have far better things to do rather than sit taking blurry pictures :).

So, the box - really quite large:
View attachment 3216
The box once I'd got the packing box above it with the welcome pack in it out of there:
View attachment 3217
Must be said it was quite a challenge getting the PC with its packing out of the box, it was well wedged in :)
The welcome pack:
View attachment 3218
Next, a very blurry picture of the machine once I've got it out of the box with the attached label to remind me to take the packing out of the inside of the case.
View attachment 3219
Oooh, don't the insides look nice :):):)
View attachment 3220

EPIC! :) I still need to get my new case and Haswell for my rig and take pictures of my current rig and laptop for the forum.

Rakk

The Awesome
So a couple of updates :)

The 'I think I don't have the right audio ports for my speakers cables' first:
If you tell it you're using 5:1 sound, it actually uses the three ports on the back as the correct three ports you need for my speakers connectors, so woot I don't need that RCA to wotsit cable I ordered from Amazon that is on its way, it works perfectly in 5:1 sound already :) - oh well I'm sure I can cope with the loss of £1.25 :)

Second, the 'what happens with the CPU's turbo boost' question:
Well the i7-4770 is clocked at 3.4GHz, I've just played EQ2 for about 4 hours or so and throughout (according to task manager) it was running at 3.84GHz :), so yes, it does happily boost when required, and for long enough for me to play, and yay, no more of that <10fps problem I previously had, whilst killing monsters in raid it was at about 30-40fps whilst manicly fighting with 24 people and some about of monsters in view

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
So a couple of updates :)

The 'I think I don't have the right audio ports for my speakers cables' first:
If you tell it you're using 5:1 sound, it actually uses the three ports on the back as the correct three ports you need for my speakers connectors, so woot I don't need that RCA to wotsit cable I ordered from Amazon that is on its way, it works perfectly in 5:1 sound already :) - oh well I'm sure I can cope with the loss of £1.25 :)

Second, the 'what happens with the CPU's turbo boost' question:
Well the i7-4770 is clocked at 3.4GHz, I've just played EQ2 for about 4 hours or so and throughout (according to task manager) it was running at 3.84GHz :), so yes, it does happily boost when required, and for long enough for me to play, and yay, no more of that <10fps problem I previously had, whilst killing monsters in raid it was at about 30-40fps whilst manicly fighting with 24 people and some about of monsters in view

If this is the more CPU game based you mentioned before, have you tried the multi-thread change in the nvidia control panel yet? Might give you some extra fps, although if it causes any problems turn it off

Tom DWC

My bad Re. the speaker cables Rakk! Good to know boards with the 4 ports work that way though.

Rakk

The Awesome
If this is the more CPU game based you mentioned before, have you tried the multi-thread change in the nvidia control panel yet? Might give you some extra fps, although if it causes any problems turn it off
Yes it is that game, and no I haven't tried it, I've been far too busy installing stuff and playing and grinning :)
I would have to set that option as the default though, cos where it lists different settings for different applications where you can change them, my game is not listed as an option.
Edit: actually I cant even find the NVidia control panel stuff anymore in Win8, haha.
Edit 2: nvm, I found it
Edit 3: oh, I can add it as an option for settings, I think

My bad Re. the speaker cables Rakk! Good to know boards with the 4 ports work that way though.
Well, I should've just tried just plugging them all in in the first place and ignored the colours :) And its three ports at the back, not four :)

Last edited: