RAM Configuration Setup

Sword

Does anybody know if PCS is still reducing the frequency on 3600MHz RAM that's in a 4x8 setup? I really want to benefit from the 4 single ranks but I wouldn't want to have the frequency reduced either. :(

loso64

Does anybody know if PCS is still reducing the frequency on 3600MHz RAM that's in a 4x8 setup? I really want to benefit from the 4 single ranks but I wouldn't want to have the frequency reduced either. :(
The benefits from 4x8 single rank is literally the same as 2x16 double rank on top of that there is no option to get 4x8 3600 mhz, a kit like that is not available and combining 2 2x8 ram kits is not advised

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
PCS have never reduced speeds, if you order 3600 that’s what you’ll get. You need to be aware though that there may be instability.

Sword

PCS have never reduced speeds, if you order 3600 that’s what you’ll get. You need to be aware though that there may be instability.
Ahh I see, I vaguely remembered someone's post about PCS telling them 3600MHz caused instability, and that they reduced it to about 3444MHz which solved it?

loso64

Ahh I see, I vaguely remembered someone's post about PCS telling them 3600MHz caused instability, and that they reduced it to about 3444MHz which solved it?
that could have been due to motherboard / cpu combo and that specific bin having stability issues with such fast ram. It is not what PCS does by default. Make sure you got good mobo and CPU that supports such speeds and you should be fine.

And regards single vs dual rank, as long as you have 4 on Ryzen all is good. So do not try to combine 2 2x8 kits, go for 2x16gb 3600mhz :) I have asked support personally to clarify number of ranks on those sticks. 8gb ones are single rank, 16gb ones are dual rank

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That was us recommending it to 3553Mhz which often cures instability. It's not something PCS would do though, they'd just supply it as ordered.

Sword

I have asked support personally to clarify number of ranks on those sticks. 8gb ones are single rank, 16gb ones are dual rank
Oh I see! That's great news to hear, I asked previously on the text support and they didn't understand what I meant by ranks. I will switch to 2x16 immediately now and save myself some £.

Do you know if that applied to both the non-RGB and RGB 3600MHz RAM?

That was us recommending it to 3553Mhz which often cures instability. It's not something PCS would do though, they'd just supply it as ordered.
Ahh! Understandable, my mistake.

loso64

Oh I see! That's great news to hear, I asked previously on the text support and they didn't understand what I meant by ranks. I will switch to 2x16 immediately now and save myself some £.

Do you know if that applied to both the non-RGB and RGB 3600MHz RAM?

Ahh! Understandable, my mistake.
pretty sure it is both, it is literally the same ram just one has extra LED stuck to it