RAM Frequency at 2133 instead of 3200.

Hi All

Motherboard: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Plus
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
RAM: 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz DDR4

When the desktop arrived from PCS the memory was in single channel configuration, (two slots closest to CPU filled) which I found strange. I checked the manual and rang PCS to double check, they said its definitely wrong and to move the modules to the two grey RAM slots (B2 and A2). At first it wouldn't post, so I swapped them to A1 B1, confirmed working and dual channel recognised in HWinfo, swapped them back to A2 B2 and again they're working in dual channel. The issue I am now having is that they're running at 2133Mhz. Booted into bios and checked that DOCP is enabled and set to 3200Mhz profile but still even in the Bios the RAM is showing as 2133Mhz.

Can anyone assist? If not ill call PCS again tomorrow
Thanks in advance

decaro

Enthusiast
Boot into the bios and find a dropdown called XMP and enable that, it lets your RAM run at full speed. sometimes it doesnt apply

Okay, that has actually helped a bit. I dropped it to 3000Mhz and it booted fine as recognised it as that speed. Now tweak till I can get it to 3200Mhz I guess?

Maybe I should have just played with it for longer. Adjusted from 3000 to 3133, worked fine, back to 3200, works fine now. Really weird stuff going on with this build. Feel like I should call PCS tomorrow anyway hmm.

decaro

Enthusiast
Maybe I should have just played with it for longer. Adjusted from 3000 to 3133, worked fine, back to 3200, works fine now. Really weird stuff going on with this build. Feel like I should call PCS tomorrow anyway hmm.
Just try to get the speed as high as you can while it being stable, if its stable at 3133 its pretty much the same as you would get running 3200 so if u really cant do without maybe having to send it back it will functionally be the same.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Definitely call PCS and complain (nicely :)). Whoever built your PC screwed up, it shouldn't have been shipped like that and PCS need to know. At the very least the builder needs a bit more remedial training. PCS can't fix problems like this unless they know about them, which is why it's important to complain. It won't help you much now that you've had all this hassle, but it will save this happening to someone else. :)

Definitely call PCS and complain (nicely :)). Whoever built your PC screwed up, it shouldn't have been shipped like that and PCS need to know. At the very least the builder needs a bit more remedial training. PCS can't fix problems like this unless they know about them, which is why it's important to complain. It won't help you much now that you've had all this hassle, but it will save this happening to someone else. :)
Absolutely. I completely agree and will be calling today.