RAM temp help

shaunpomfrett

Hi Everyone

Ive had my PCS build around 2 months now and im just wondering if the RAM is getting too hot? It sits at around 48-50 degrees Celsius. I'm noticing the odd jutter here and there when doing certain tasks, not sure if this is RAM effected? i have 2 x 16gb sticks

Thank you in advance

shaunpomfrett

Showing Order Reference 1701701
Case CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 500D SE CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.6GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card8GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 2080 SUPER - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive3TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
2nd Storage DriveNONE
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive2TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired NetworkingWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options2 PORT (2 x TYPE A) USB 3.0 PCI-E CARD + STANDARD USB PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language

shaunpomfrett

I noticed slight frame drops in wow every now and then , only for 1 second or so but still noticeable. I use the iCue software that changes the RGB etc and at the time of checking I had twitch open, YouTube , google chrome and wow

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I noticed slight frame drops in wow every now and then , only for 1 second or so but still noticeable. I use the iCue software that changes the RGB etc and at the time of checking I had twitch open, YouTube , google chrome and wow
Nothing wrong with those temps at all, in fact they're more on the low side than anything.

If you're facing framerate drops, is that in online play? It's more likely to be connection based I would suggest, what's the ping rate like?

shaunpomfrett

Nothing wrong with those temps at all, in fact they're more on the low side than anything.

If you're facing framerate drops, is that in online play? It's more likely to be connection based I would suggest, what's the ping rate like?
My ping is around 8-12ms and speeds are 257Mbps

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hi Everyone

Ive had my PCS build around 2 months now and im just wondering if the RAM is getting too hot? It sits at around 48-50 degrees Celsius. I'm noticing the odd jutter here and there when doing certain tasks, not sure if this is RAM effected? i have 2 x 16gb sticks

Thank you in advance
I think your issues are unlikely to be RAM related. I wouldn't expect 'the odd jutter here and there' if you were having RAM issues, I'd expect hangs, freezes and BSODs.

What are the 'certain tasks' when you notice this odd jutter? Are they graphics intensive (ie. games) or not? Are they disk intensive? Do you by any chance have those two SSDs in a RAID1 array?

Do the jutters affect everything (including mouse movement, for example) or just the active window? Can you be a bit more descriptive as to what these 'jutters' actually look like? A video would be good.

Could you also open task manager, click the start-up tab and post a screenshot so we can see what's running on start up?

shaunpomfrett

I think your issues are unlikely to be RAM related. I wouldn't expect 'the odd jutter here and there' if you were having RAM issues, I'd expect hangs, freezes and BSODs.

What are the 'certain tasks' when you notice this odd jutter? Are they graphics intensive (ie. games) or not? Are they disk intensive? Do you by any chance have those two SSDs in a RAID1 array?

Do the jutters affect everything (including mouse movement, for example) or just the active window? Can you be a bit more descriptive as to what these 'jutters' actually look like? A video would be good.

Could you also open task manager, click the start-up tab and post a screenshot so we can see what's running on start up?
I’m not too sure if they are in a RAID1 array - the jutters just tend to happen if something major happens in game that causes a frame change , I was just concerned if my ram was getting too hot but seems it’s all okay based on replies , thank you all

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I’m not too sure if they are in a RAID1 array - the jutters just tend to happen if something major happens in game that causes a frame change , I was just concerned if my ram was getting too hot but seems it’s all okay based on replies , thank you all
It's more likely to be the ping rate (latency) to the game server, NOT the ping rate of your internet connection, two very different things.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
If they appear as two separate drive they're not in a RAID array.

As I've said, I really doubt that your RAM is the cause of your lags, regardless of its temperature.

I think @SpyderTracks is right, a networking issue sounds far more likely. Check the game server ping time as he suggests.