RAM Upgrade

Vaio

Enthusiast
Hey all, I currently have 16gb RAM, specifically Corsair ddr4 3200 (the one they sell here) and I’m looking to upgrade to 32gb due to ms flight sim.
ive looked on Amazon but there’s 2 different types of the exact same RAM but one says optimised?

also will this be straight swap in and out as I don’t know how to change ram settings or anything.
my specs are 3600 cpu And x570 motherboard paired with a 2070s.

these are the rams above...can’t tell the difference other than price.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey all, I currently have 16gb RAM, specifically Corsair ddr4 3200 (the one they sell here) and I’m looking to upgrade to 32gb due to ms flight sim.
ive looked on Amazon but there’s 2 different types of the exact same RAM but one says optimised?

also will this be straight swap in and out as I don’t know how to change ram settings or anything.
my specs are 3600 cpu And x570 motherboard paired with a 2070s.

these are the rams above...can’t tell the difference other than price.
What are your specs?

Rather than swapping it out, you can just add another 16Gb (2 x 8Gb).

You can do this through the PCS website in your upgrades section to get the right RAM and PCS will just ship it next day.

Vaio

Enthusiast
What are your specs?

Rather than swapping it out, you can just add another 16Gb (2 x 8Gb).

You can do this through the PCS website in your upgrades section to get the right RAM and PCS will just ship it next day.

Specs are below. Initially that was my thought, however as I have the noctua cooler, it blocks the ram slot closest to it so it wouldn't fit 4 unfortunately.

Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.2GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® PRIME B450-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.1, 6Gb/s) - RGB Ready!
down_right_arrow.gif

Change to: ASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 SUPER - HDMI
down_right_arrow.gif

Change to: 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Specs are below. Initially that was my thought, however as I have the noctua cooler, it blocks the ram slot closest to it so it wouldn't fit 4 unfortunately.

Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.2GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® PRIME B450-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.1, 6Gb/s) - RGB Ready!
down_right_arrow.gif

Change to: ASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 SUPER - HDMI
down_right_arrow.gif

Change to: 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
Gotcha, that does mean you’d have to swap it all, that’s a shame.

Yep, they’re exactly the same RAM kits, so either should work.

Vaio

Enthusiast
Hmmm....and that would be another reason why I don't like the Noctua :unsure:

Yeah...the heatsink itself is nice and slim, but the fan they have on the side is quite 120mm (or slightly bigger) I believe and it cuts into the height of the ram slot ever so slightly.. Even if there was clearance, it would still mean removing the cooler.