Random freezing and screen distorts

grazier

Hi,

I have e had my laptop for a few months and it's great. Until the last few days it has started doing this crashing and locking up, with the screen going all distorted and unresponsive unless doing a hard reset.

I am not the best troubleshooter or found any particular pattern but this has happened like twice in last ten minutes now and is unusable.

Anyone help or experienced a similar thing?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Screenshot_20220302-155204_Photos.jpg

steaky360

When does it do this? Has it happened only when the laptop is under load (ie gaming or similar) or has it happened when just doing light work (browsing or word processing etc.)?

I think I remember seeing a different thread where something similar was happening and it was due to the fans etc. needing a little clean (perhaps the GPU needing a re-paste ... not certain and I can't find the thread)... I think @SpyderTracks was involved though (hopefully they'll see the summon).

grazier

Hi,

Thanks for the reply

It happens it both light work and gaming. I can't seem to find a pattern.

I spoke to PC and a member test was done over night and ot has come back as all passed no errors, so have emailed them to state that and hopefully speak to them today.

I will mention that though to them about the fans and or GPU requiring a repaste as a potential.

steaky360

Hopefully they'll have a solution for you, if they have further troubleshooting steps or manage to sort it for you please do report back would be good to hear about the fix.

Either way, they'll get it sorted, even if it has to go back for RMA.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hiya, with the symptoms you're describing, it would normally point to a GPU or RAM issue. Sounds like PCS have been through RAM troubleshooting with you.

As you're in the middle of troubleshooting with PCS though, I'd suggest working through with them as adding another troubleshooting course with us could complicate their process.

They'll sort it, they have the facility to remote onto your laptop to work through stuff also which we don't have.

I'd suggest going through things with them. As @steaky360 says, if you could feed back your process, I'd love to know what they find, issues like this can be a challenge to troubleshoot.

grazier

Hi,

just to let you know a update. PCS advised following the memory test being completed and finding no fault, to carry out a uninstall and reinstall of display drivers for both Intel and Nvidia. So far, so good today, i have not had one crash so far since. However, early days, so hopefully its fixed the issue.

Take it as that its fixed if you dont hear from me but if it starts happening again and i get a different solution from PCS i will let you know

thanks again