Random Noise

lukeirelan-hill195

Evening all.

Hope everyone is well.

Is anyone able to offer some wisdom as to what the noise is on the attached Video? It only started when turning PC on this evening. I can’t decide whether the noise, or not knowing what the noise is, is driving me more mad! The sound is up quite high so probably overstates how loud it actually is.

Thanks,
Luke

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Evening all.

Hope everyone is well.

Is anyone able to offer some wisdom as to what the noise is on the attached Video? It only started when turning PC on this evening. I can’t decide whether the noise, or not knowing what the noise is, is driving me more mad! The sound is up quite high so probably overstates how loud it actually is.

Thanks,
Luke
Sounds like a case fan or radiator fan either caught on something or the bearing is going.... you need to stick your head into the case, try to isolate where the noise is coming from. You can stop a fan from spinning by sticking a pencil or something in to block it temporarily.

Also, if that's a corsair cooler install icue if you haven't already and check the pump speeds on the cooler. If it isn't a fan it could be the pump failing. Double check temps are ok also.

lukeirelan-hill195

Hi Both,

Thanks for the quick replies.

I've disconnected the cooler from the motherboard, and the noise has instantly stopped, so managed to isolate the problem. Any advice on what to do next? I'm going to guess it is faulty and needs replacing?

Spydertracks, I installed icue as you recommended, but the cooler (Corsair H60 2018 Hydror Series) doesn't appear - do you know if there is a reason for this?

Thanks again for the help.