Rate PC + Changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Wired up the power cables from the case as instructed above, powered up...bang. Computer caught fire. Completely written off.

Now having to use work PC and a friend's laptop.

MiRc34

Silver Level Poster
Wired up the power cables from the case as instructed above, powered up...bang. Computer caught fire. Completely written off.

Now having to use work PC and a friend's laptop.

What :(
too short D:

Tom

Yep seriously. Obviously dodgy wiring in the new case because I've never had anything like this happen with previous PCs. I was using surge protection too.

MiRc34

Silver Level Poster
Yep seriously. Obviously dodgy wiring in the new case because I've never had anything like this happen with previous PCs. I was using surge protection too.

You seem too calm about it :\
Do I feel a little trolling breeze?

Anyways if this is true, I'm sorry, you should wait for a PCS to reply D:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member

The only wiring in the case you bought from us are the USB cables and power/HDD LED's. What part of your computer caught fire? If it's blown up the case must have been wired up incorrectly. I once wired up my USB ports incorrectly and set fire to my motherboard, as the voltage heated the wire and melted the plastic.

Tom

You seem too calm about it :\
Do I feel a little trolling breeze?

Anyways if this is true, I'm sorry, you should wait for a PCS to reply D:

No I'm quite serious, but what's happened happened and there's no point shouting and screaming about it. Of course I'm furious though.

The only wiring in the case you bought from us are the USB cables and power/HDD LED's. What part of your computer caught fire? If it's blown up the case must have been wired up incorrectly. I once wired up my USB ports incorrectly and set fire to my motherboard, as the voltage heated the wire and melted the plastic.

At the time, the USB wire wasn't connected. I was expecting some sort of excuse/fob off and haven't been dissapointed. Bottom line is I will be salvaging the working parts and getting what I can for them, then it's new PC time. Certainly won't be using PCS, though that's pretty much self explanitory.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
We're very sorry to hear that :(

When transferring a perfectly functioning computer over to a new case, and the result is that it blows up when you turn it on, you cannot expect us to cover this under warranty. Our cases are CE approved and would not cause the computer to explode. It sounds to me like your power supply has blown, which will have resulted in a flash/bang, but not a fire. If this is the case your components may be OK, but you will need to test this first.

MiRc34

Silver Level Poster
We're very sorry to hear that :(

When transferring a perfectly functioning computer over to a new case, and the result is that it blows up when you turn it on, you cannot expect us to cover this under warranty. Our cases are CE approved and would not cause the computer to explode. It sounds to me like your power supply has blown, which will have resulted in a flash/bang, but not a fire. If this is the case your components may be OK, but you will need to test this first.

Yeah, just read the Terms and Conditions... Sorry for you, mate D:::::

Also, PCS check your PMs mate

Tom

If it's blown up the case must have been wired up incorrectly

If the company had any intention of refunding the money for what I consider to be faulty case wiring then I wouldn't be being accused of making a mistake with the wiring when I followed exactly the diagram posted on this thread. I don't see why I should waste even more money on lengthly telephone calls (past experience with the company hasn't inspired confidence when it comes to repair/refunds). I appriciate that the PC itself is out of warranty though I think a refund on the newly purchased case is a reasonable request considering it has resulted in the destuction of my PC as a useable bit of equipment.

Tom

Warranty has expired on my original PC anyway so this isn't really a factor. The original PC wouldn't be covered anyway.

Gorman

Author Level
Hello, im going to guess that none of this has actually been confirmed with our call centre and most of what you have posted this afternoon is at best guess work.

The forum is not the place for this kind of discussion, if there is a problem we need to be contacted about it directly. The number for tech support is in my signature as is a link to the call waiting times, if you are concerned about being on hold check that first.

Status
Not open for further replies.