Razer Kraken Pro Headset mic not working?

Karthal

Bronze Level Poster
Hey everyone, so I recently bought the Razer Kraken Pro Headset and the mic refuses to work. I've plugged the Mic jack (the pink one) into all four of the jacks at the right side of my laptop (the specs are in my sig) and the only one that actually states it as connected it is the one closest to the only USB port on that side (The jack for microphones doesn't detect it, it just makes it display as "Not Plugged in" in the recording tab in the sound panel like the other two jacks) However, even though it detects it through this jack, it does not take any mic input...

I've been searching for over quarter an hour now and nothing helps, my headset's drivers are (according to windows' online search) up-to-date, the headset now comes with a splitter which was apparently causing the problem for some people and none of the other solutions suggested online seem to work...Anyone know what's up? (If you need screenshots or photos of the headset, the jacks etc, then let me know)

Last edited:

miclib

Do you have any other headsets? Are your audio drivers up to date? Is the headset fairly new it could be a dud, if you do have another headset, try it, if that doesn't work completely uninstall your audio drivers and re install, if thay doesen't work then well i have run oit ideas lol

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
When you ask windows to update a driver it looks at its own library of device drivers which covers perhaps 2% of manufacturers let alone device models. If it can't find any relevant driver compatibility within its own database it reports back that "the current driver is up to date"

There is only one way to update drivers and that's from the source website.

You need to update your drivers.