Ready to order build, case no longer showing up?

londondan

Bronze Level Poster
I was going to be ordering my build with the new 5600X CPU however my case I chose is no longer there: FRACTAL FOCUS G BLACK GAMING CASE (Window), is it out of stock or been taken out entirely?

steaky360

Not sure, your best bet is to contact PCS directly if you're looking to order soon (if their response will make a difference to your plan :) ).

If you can't select it then obviously you can't order it (appreciate that is not particularly helpful!). Your choices are; to either wait, choose a different case or source that case elsewhere and send it in yourself.

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
Most likely out of stock, best to phone them up to see if they are going to restock it and when. Else the other option can send in your own case buying from say amazon, scan, novatech to send to PCS

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
Not sure, your best bet is to contact PCS directly if you're looking to order soon (if their response will make a difference to your plan :) ).

If you can't select it then obviously you can't order it (appreciate that is not particularly helpful!). Your choices are; to either wait, choose a different case or source that case elsewhere and send it in yourself.
My apologies. I must have been typing away and I didn't see your post response before I sent mine.

londondan

Bronze Level Poster
Ah damn it, spoke to PCS chat and it IS out of stock. On the day I planned to order! It was one of the few cases at that price that supported DVD drives, seeing as build time is 13-15 days, do I order with a different case and swap later?

steaky360

Thats risky, if it goes into building before the case comes back in stock you're basically wasting folks time and will need to pay to make changes.

Your best bet is to buy the case yourself elsewhere and send it in as suggested above. Or order now and put a hold on your build until the case comes back in stock.

londondan

Bronze Level Poster
Thats risky, if it goes into building before the case comes back in stock you're basically wasting folks time and will need to pay to make changes.

Your best bet is to buy the case yourself elsewhere and send it in as suggested above. Or order now and put a hold on your build until the case comes back in stock.
Might just buy the case and send it in, I would assume the build obviously won't start until I send it in. When I send it in, is there anything I need to put on the box it comes in? I'll likely be ordering the case from Amazon as it's available there

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Might just buy the case and send it in, I would assume the build obviously won't start until I send it in. When I send it in, is there anything I need to put on the box it comes in? I'll likely be ordering the case from Amazon as it's available there
Some handy info on this thread, buddy 👍

Ryddill

From personal experience, I didn't order the 3080 on release day because the case I wanted had disappeared. It has since re-appeared and by the time I put my order in, I was way down the list and looking to next year for my build (I've since changed to the 3090 so in a different queue).
The advice already given above is what I wish I knew when I started my order.

londondan

Bronze Level Poster
Random update on this, but yesterday just around 2pm when I was ready to order, the case appeared back in the config and I was able to order my new Ryzen 5600X build with the case! I assume someone swapped their one out for something else because after I put my order through the case was gone, so I think i got lucky and stole the last one.