My chosen setup:

Case
COOLERMASTER HAF 932 FULL TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-960 (3.20GHz) 4.8GTs/8MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® P6X58D-E: DDR3, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, 3-Way SLI
Memory (RAM)
6GB KINGSTON HYPER-X TRI-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (3 x 2GB KIT)
Graphics Card
1GB ATI RADEON™ HD 5870 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SATA II 2.5" SSD (upto 285MB/sR | 275MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
640GB WD CAVIAR GREEN WD6400AARS, SATA 3 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply & Case Cooling
CORSAIR 1000W MODULAR PSU (HX1000) 80+ ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling
TITAN FENRIR EXTREME DIRECT TOUCH COPPER CPU COOLER
Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
Keyboard & Mouse
Logitech® Internet 350 USB Keyboard (£9)
Warranty
3 Year Platinum Warranty (3 Year Collect & Return, 3 Year Parts, 3 Year labour)

I have chosen the HAF 932 case and I want a 230mm side fan (as shown in the photos on the PCS main website).

Having shopped around for the HAF 932, it seems that other suppliers offer this side fan as part of case and do not say anything about buying one from Coolermaster directly as an optional extra.

Please can someone explain why PCS don't offer the side fan as standard and also what exactly comes in the box for the 932 when you receive it from the supplier? (seems strange not to include a fan shown on the packaging!)

This fan issue is the only thing stopping me from placing my order and if PCS can assist me with getting a HAF 932 with this 230mm side fan included I will be able to immediately place my order this weekend (£1900!)

Many thanks :)

Gishank

Bright Spark
According to Coolermasters website the HAF 932 includes a top, rear, and front fan. However your system should be fine without a side-fan (you could always purchase one and attach it yourself in the future), additional fans are installed by PCS however if the PC system is running too hot anyways.

Sleinous

Author Level
My chosen setup:

I have chosen the HAF 932 case and I want a 230mm side fan (as shown in the photos on the PCS main website).

Having shopped around for the HAF 932, it seems that other suppliers offer this side fan as part of case and do not say anything about buying one from Coolermaster directly as an optional extra.

Please can someone explain why PCS don't offer the side fan as standard and also what exactly comes in the box for the 932 when you receive it from the supplier? (seems strange not to include a fan shown on the packaging!)

This fan issue is the only thing stopping me from placing my order and if PCS can assist me with getting a HAF 932 with this 230mm side fan included I will be able to immediately place my order this weekend (£1900!)

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised to find that it SHOULD have a 230mm side fan (My HAF 932 came with one). Obviously we need to wait for someone to confirm this first, incase teh situation has changed since I ordered my PC. =]

Sleinous

Author Level
Here is my side fan, I think this is what you meant yes?

[video=youtube;IjGqWs8-6hI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjGqWs8-6hI[/video]

Also at the end there's a failed attempt by me to put it back in the little slider one-handed xD

Last edited:

Mr H

Bronze Level Poster
Yup, that's the one :)
Wow you're efficient! and really helpful too!

....is there enough space between that fan and the monster sized psu cooler you have?! :)

Sleinous

Author Level
Yup, that's the one :)
Wow you're efficient! and really helpful too!

....is there enough space between that fan and the monster sized psu cooler you have?! :)

Yep I can swing a mini cat in there :p

However, theres not enough room for a Kingston HyperX memory cooler :p but Gorman said theyre a waste of time anyways so meh hehe.

Mr H

Bronze Level Poster
Please could someone from PCS clarify this issue for me?
Previous PCS customers have been delivered HAF 932's with the side fan included, my unboxing video above clearly shows the side-fan being included in the HAF 932 box from the supplier - why/how has this now changed?
Can PCS assist me with building a rig with this side-fan included as part of the package?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I cannot confirm this at present, will physically check the stock in our warehouse on Monday and let you know.

Sleinous

Author Level
Please could someone from PCS clarify this issue for me?
Previous PCS customers have been delivered HAF 932's with the side fan included, my unboxing video above clearly shows the side-fan being included in the HAF 932 box from the supplier - why/how has this now changed?
Can PCS assist me with building a rig with this side-fan included as part of the package?

Don't worry thet'll find out why on Monday as noone is in at the moment so they can't check what's got what in which box :)

Meds

Hey,

I can confirm that the HAF 932 does come with the 220mm Fan fitted on the side panel. However, this fan has to be removed from the side panel if ordered with a CoolIT ECO CPU Cooler as the pipes/radiators get in the way.