Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Network Driver instability

yahjas

Hi guys,

I'm experiencing problems with my network driver as it is disconnecting spontaneously. I had the problem when I first purchased my PC in August. I powered on my pc and my network driver was working fine until a windows update threw it into confusion. The network drive would disconnect, showing the yellow warning triangle on the network icon, 15 mins after every reboot. I followed the tech advice about uninstalling and deleting the software for the driver and then restarting the PC. This solved the problem upon restart as windows picked up the driver and since then I had no problem. That is until Friday (02/11/2011) evening when the network driver disconnected and the ominous yellow triangle on the network icon in the tray returned again. I have been trying all sorts to diagnose the problem this time and upon checking system restore, noticed that windows had installed a critical update at 3pm on Friday. I rolled the system back to Friday and installed all updates, including the network driver update that was listed an optional, and hoped for the best. The network driver continued to disconnect and now I have had to roll it back to Thursday and see whether it is something to do with the windows update. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Thanks,

J