Realtek wireless n 8188 su

georgeriley

Gold Level Poster
just installed the above adadpter when i go into mode (m) and use station mode i get nothing but when i use the access point i get really good signal but cant connect to web and also cant find my network on available networks any help would be fantastic

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
I presume you have other devices working on the network?

I'm a little confused as to what exactly you mean as i'm not familiar with this adapter. If you say your getting a strong signal but not from your network, then what signal are you getting? have you input your network details directly into the control panel for the card? sometimes you need to do that

georgeriley

Gold Level Poster
sorry what i mean is in the bottom right corner of my monitor i have a small antenna icon when i hover over it it says connected signal strength excellent i have put netwok details into the add network

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
But your not getting internet? Do you have any blocking or time limiting software installed on the router?

It may be your router has a MAC address filter on it, you could try resetting the router to factory settings, that will remove all security settings and any filters. To reset tit o factory settings use a paperclip to push that tiny recessed button on it.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
not familiar with the hardware, cant really help more. Does it have a troubleshooting guide in the back of the manual or something?