Reboot and select proper boot device

Silenox

I just received my new defiance v and on first boot up got this error. I had opted for Windows to be install so quite surprised by this.
Also when I go into bios the boot option priorities is greyed out.
I have emailed pcs directly but was just wondering is is something stupid I'm missing
Thanks in advance

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
That isn't right. If you asked for Windows to be installed you should enter the OOBE (Out Of Box Experience) dialog on first boot. It's not unusual for this process to fail however and the only solution is a clean install. What happens if you try to boot the Windows install media?

Email isn't the best way to contact PCS, give them a call.

Shepard

Enthusiast
Hi there,

ubuysa is right, normally it should boot up and ask you to set it all up, like, make yourself a user account and such. If it doesn't at all, please give us a ring and we'll look into it. I'm really sorry that happened.
You can reach us on 0333 011 7000 from Monday - Friday 9am - 8pm and on Saturdays 9am - 5pm.

Silenox

I put Windows on a USB and tried to install and the only drive I saw was the mechanical no sign of the m2. I am hesitant to open it and investigate without the teardown instructions. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I put Windows on a USB and tried to install and the only drive I saw was the mechanical no sign of the m2. I am hesitant to open it and investigate without the teardown instructions. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement

I appreciate that you're disappointed but it can't be anything too serious since it passed Q&A. Give PCS a call now and they can probably talk you through getting Windows installed.

Silenox

I rang PCS and it's being RMA'd it seems like the m.2 came dislodged during transit which is apparently rare so I would like to be safe and have it checked out. Thanks for your assistance everyone:)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
It's gotta be pretty rare considering it's usually locked in place with a screw!? Still, RMA is sound and it's good to hear they're offering that without quibble. Keep us posted. :)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
My thoughts exactly! Either that or the drive is dead. Will keep you posted

That's unfortunate but at leats you have a resolution. My guess is the screw was missed and it came loose, it must have been working OK in Q&A so I doubt it's dead. PCS will fix it in any case. :)