Recoil 3?

Zer0access

Hi all,

Just have a couple of questions about the recoil 3. From what I have read there are some heat issues with it ad the 2070rtx. How bad is this ad what ways are there around this for a noob pc gamer?

Also how has it performed gaming wise?

Thanks!

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I hadn't read there were heat issues with the RTX 2070? Where did you read that out of interest?

A few people did raise concerns on these forums about CPU temps though, with the new 9th Gen CPUs.

phitol

Bronze Level Poster
Agreed, people are just spotting the inevitability that power/thermal limits will naturally be 'explored' in any thin/light laptop of this generation with the intel/nvidia combo's..

The only way a thin/light laptop is not going to hit 'limits' is if the manufacturer nerfs performance to the point it massively under performs in benchmarks..

for example, the 9750h in some 'well managed' laptops scores 850 in Cinebench R15, yet the same processor but in a laptop that is allowed to use normal power limits, but may run in to the very occasional thermal limit (won't harm) will score 1150-1200 that's quite a jump in performance.

Zer0access

I hadn't read there were heat issues with the RTX 2070? Where did you read that out of interest?

A few people did raise concerns on these forums about CPU temps though, with the new 9th Gen CPUs.

Just did a search for it but yeh you're right it's more cpu based. Do you know if there are some video reviews of the recoil 3? Can't seem to find any.