Recoil II not displaying SSD temps/information

kizcat

So recently I got a Recoil II. Had a couple of issues, sent it back, got it sorted and now have the laptop back.

Current spec:
Chassis & Display
Recoil Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD IPS 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 8750H (2.2GHz, 4.1GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair 2400MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 - 6.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SSD 660p Series Up to 1800 read/write speed
2nd M.2 SSD Drive
None.
Storage Drive
None.

Prior to this I was able to see the temps and details of both the M.2 SSDs (below) I had in the laptop.
256GB ADATA SX6000 Pro PCIe M.2 2280 (2100 MB/R, 1200 MB/W)
512GB ADATA SX6000 Pro PCIe M.2 2280 (2100 MB/R, 1500 MB/W)

Since getting the laptop back, the Gaming Center the laptop comes with cant give me any information about the drive or a temp, and neither can HWMonitor. The only information HWMonitor can give me is that the drive is an Intel 660p SSD.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? Is it as simple as plugging something in? or are the sensors build onto the drives?

kizcat

After 3 attempts I finally downloaded the right program >.>

Yes it does. Probably just the gaming center software then. It's no big worry tbh

Out of interest, is there an alternative program to that? as in for Fan/keyboard backlight/power management. Because on battery the performance drop is very noticeable. Obviously I know it will drop. But it between Nvidia, gaming center and windows 10 they all seem to have different ideas of what to do when on battery power.

Or, is there an easy way to optimise performance - or will it be just try get all 3 to match as best as possible and mess about with settings?
I think the Recoil II undervolts the processor when on battery power to help with heat management and stretch out the battery life from what I can tell. (not that there is an issue with this, it just kills performance when under load/gaming)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I've no idea, but I found this thread talking about another SSD. May be the same issue?
http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/how-to-have-the-ssd-nvme-temperature.801622/

I don't know of any alternative* for the fans/KB LEDs etc. The Gaming Centre program is essentially a driver for the laptop.

I'm not sure if Gaming Centre undervolts the laptop when on battery. It could be that the battery simply can't power everything in the laptop at max load, or that there is a power setting somewhere that could be adjusted. Windows will usually have a different power plan for battery.

Last edited:

kizcat

Unfortunatly I could not find a solution. I have yet to try re-seating my SSD, as I have since added a mechanical drive and the temp is displayed correctly in the Gaming Center. It could also just be a Gaming Center issue and perhaps requires reinstalling. But, yeah. Not the end of the world. I have now encountered a new issue which I need advise on.
(Again, will make a new thread - and will leave this issue till the other is resolved)

Last edited: