Recoil II - Screen and GPU/Battery Questions

wishan01

Hi there, Looking at building a Recoil II (non-RTX) and have some questions for owners or people in-the-know. I will be using the laptop for multimedia and wont be gaming on it (a cheaper aero/xps basically):

1) I am undecided between the 60hz and 144hz screen - Will I benefit from 144hz or does it use more battery? (Battery is fairly important to me so even 30 mins makes a difference). Also, does anyone know the model of the 60hz screen so i can try get the colour gamut/accuracy specs?

2) Does anyone know the rough battery runtime difference between a 1050Ti/1060 build? assuming they have identical build spec. I want to be able to edit and render photo/video programs, not too fussed about getting the fastest speed in exchange for 3/4 hours battery life on medium workloads. Looking to have this laptop for at least three years and plan to start doing 3D Drawing on Vectorworks/Sketchup etc.

3) Whats the optimal settings for battery saving and how long have people got from various builds?

Any and all information much appreciated!

debiruman665

Enthusiast
Whoever invents the laptop case with a rechargeable battery and cooling solution will have laptop games in the palm of their hands.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Also, does anyone know the model of the 60hz screen so i can try get the colour gamut/accuracy specs?
It can vary. If it's lot listed in the popup you get when clicking the (?) button to the right of the drop down menu, ask PCS for the models they are using.

For 2) ... you're looking to render on battery? And want the battery life to be good while rendering?

wishan01

Okay I'll call pcs and ask about the screen, was curious if anyone has previously queried it but cant find the info anywhere on this forum or similar builders.

And in response to "For 2) ... you're looking to render on battery" - No, i mean what are the real world differences in how each gpu runs battery down? For example, does a 1060 build have 2 hours battery during mild productivity vs 1050ti having 2.5 hours - if you get what i mean?

wishan01

The 60HZ screen model is an Innolux N156HCA-EA1, if this helps anybody out there.

Just spotted the fusion which is also a tongfang, whats the word on the forum about this chassis/laptop?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
It's barely any smaller/lighter than the recoil and only has the Max-Q 1060.

Battery life may be longer apparently by ~40m, but the CPU temps (plus lower CPU performance due to thermals) would put me off it personally