Recoil II screen brightness issue

BorBorygmus

Hi, the screen of my Recoil II suddenly stopped adjusting in brightness properly.

This happened yesterday 3rd May when I was playing Borderlands 3. The screen brightness adjustment is not working properly. Screen flickers and actually gets darker when the brightness is increased.

Recoil Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD IPS 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)

-I turned it on and off and it didn't help
- I updated the drivers for my RTX2070 MAX-Q - no help
- I disabled adaptive brightness in console - no help.

Anybody else who had similar issues?

Also, the speakers of the laptop have been very quiet since the beginning.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi, the screen of my Recoil II suddenly stopped adjusting in brightness properly.

This happened yesterday 3rd May when I was playing Borderlands 3. The screen brightness adjustment is not working properly. Screen flickers and actually gets darker when the brightness is increased.

Recoil Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD IPS 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)

-I turned it on and off and it didn't help
- I updated the drivers for my RTX2070 MAX-Q - no help
- I disabled adaptive brightness in console - no help.

Anybody else who had similar issues?

Also, the speakers of the laptop have been very quiet since the beginning.
This is unfortunately a hardware issue with the backlight inverter arching with another component.

if you listen closely to the panel when the issue occurs you’ll likely hear a buzzing that increases /decreases when you adjust brightness.

You’ll need to raise an RMA with PCS and get the screen replaced. They’ll know exactly what the issue is, it does appear to have affected a handful of the first screens.