Recoil ii : Soundblaster - Your audio device cannot be detected

damole

Silver Level Poster
I received my Recoil ii yesterday and everything is fine. I clean installed Windows 10 Pro, installed all devices and the Game Center. Everything has been working fine as far as I have seen.

Today I just installed the Soundblaster software, firstly I was suprised there was no icon in the system tray after the installation finished but then when I found the app it reports "your audio device cannot be detected".

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I received my Recoil ii yesterday and everything is fine. I clean installed Windows 10 Pro, installed all devices and the Game Center. Everything has been working fine as far as I have seen.

Today I just installed the Soundblaster software, firstly I was suprised there was no icon in the system tray after the installation finished but then when I found the app it reports "your audio device cannot be detected".

If you go into device manager, do you see any exclamation marks by any devices?

damole

Silver Level Poster
All the devices were installed by Windows (+ update) and Chipset drivers. The sound is working fine. The problem is the poor quality software from Creative. I have had the same problem with my Optimus V.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
All the devices were installed by Windows (+ update) and Chipset drivers. The sound is working fine. The problem is the poor quality software from Creative. I have had the same problem with my Optimus V.

Which Creative Soundblaster software is it?

The soundblaster software will only install on licenses chipsets and only if the correct driver is installed first.

damole

Silver Level Poster
I got it from the download section of my account. Your question prompted me to download the Realtek driver from there too and after installing that the Soundblaster software started working. Unfortunately I didn't check which sound device driver was installed before when it wasn't working so I can't be siure what happened. Anyway I usually end up doing a clean install again once I've got everything working to make sure it is as clean as possible before making my recovery image.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Might be worth making an image before you do a clean install as well, if you've had stuff not work, then start working, without being 100% sure what happened to fix it :)