Recoil III 8750H temperature while gaming is 95~97 C

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
If you buy a laptop and need to disable turbo boost, you could have saved yourself a load of cash and bought a cheaper laptop. Because you're bottlenecking your own hardware.

The benchmarks above show you get 20-30% increases to the minimum framerates with TB enabled - i.e. gameplay will be significantly less stuttery if you leave TB on. The effect will be even clearer in some more modern games.

I'm not going to continue the debate either as it would clearly be pointless - the only thing I wanted to do is echo that if anyone else reads this and has laptop temps are are too high, the correct solution is not to disable turbo boost - it's to fix the laptop.

D

Deleted member 94250

How long have you had the laptop?

It's possible it requires a repaste. It's unusual for the Recoil to suffer from such high temps, and yes, it's worth trying to get them down a bit.

I'd say low 90's on sustained load would be suitable.
Interesting that playing RDR2 at all settings High for 4 hours (I know, stupid), on my Optimus X, a significantly cheaper design, hits a max of 86 degrees (but is usally around 65-75ish). I did put a slab of Post-its behind the back to improve airflow round the bottom, but I didn't put a cooling pad or anything. For a more expensive device with pretty much the same processor (who are we kidding, 9750h=8750h more or less) low 90's is curious.