Recoil III - Keyboard backlight suddenly stopped working

claval

Bronze Level Poster
Edit: Just noticed I posted in the wrong subforum, can a mod move it to the right section? Thanks

Literally a minute ago, the keyboard backlight simply turned off and opening that crappy Gaming Center application simply showed it "on".

Switching it ON and OFF did nothing.
Restarted the laptop now and the option for keyboard backlight is just not there anymore.

This laptop has only given me issues since the very first day I got it. Already sent it to RMA a couple of time. Please someone tells me there is a reasonable explanation and it can be fixed. I really have enough of the shoddy quality of this product.

moXM8S1.png

If your notebook computer has a backlit keyboard, press the F5 or F4 (some models) key on the keyboard to turn the light on or off. It might be necessary to press the fn (function) key at the same time. If the backlight icon is not on the F5 key, look for the backlit keyboard key on the row of function keys.

claval

Bronze Level Poster
thanks but nothing worked. What worked but could be entirely non-related, was going into the bios and check there if the backlight option were still visible. Change value to something different from the current one. Restart. I've noticed the backlight activate as soon as the laptop was restarting, then in windows open the gaming center again and this time the backlight were detected.

Absolute crap piece of software anyway.