Recoil IV - Fans Not Turning On

Hello,

I've recently received a Recoil IV and I'm having a new issue today with the laptop fans. When I received the laptop yesterday, the fans were very active and sped up/down as required.

Using the laptop today, the fans aren't activating at all, other than when I click on the "fan boost" option in the gaming centre. I ran a game to check that the laptop was getting warm enough to warrant the fans and, as below, the temps were more than high enough!

The laptop fan setting is currently in "gaming mode" and changing this setting to either "office" or "turbo" doesn't have any affect.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Laptop Temps.png
    Laptop Temps.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 147

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hello,

I've recently received a Recoil IV and I'm having a new issue today with the laptop fans. When I received the laptop yesterday, the fans were very active and sped up/down as required.

Using the laptop today, the fans aren't activating at all, other than when I click on the "fan boost" option in the gaming centre. I ran a game to check that the laptop was getting warm enough to warrant the fans and, as below, the temps were more than high enough!

The laptop fan setting is currently in "gaming mode" and changing this setting to either "office" or "turbo" doesn't have any affect.

Any suggestions?
What's changed since yesterday then?

I have no idea!

Rebooting the laptop several times seems to have solved the issue for now. The good old "turn it off and on again " seems to have worked!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I have no idea!

Rebooting the laptop several times seems to have solved the issue for now. The good old "turn it off and on again " seems to have worked!
Have there been any Windows updates you didn't notice? If turning it off and on again helped then perhaps there were?

I would turn of Windows fast startup as a matter of course. I have no idea whether that's your problem but it's known to cause issues with some motherboards and if you have an SSD as your system drive you don't need it.