Recommendation: Need speakers under £100

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
How much space can you use? For audio quality, a set of desktop monitors will be a way better option than "gaming speakers". I have some PreSonuses which are really nice, even in a suboptimal setup. The PreSonus Eris 3.5s are £79 on Amazon and have good reviews. (I have some slightly larger ones.)

The only advantage of the ones you've linked will be that they take up less of your desk...

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
How much space can you use? For audio quality, a set of desktop monitors will be a way better option than "gaming speakers". I have some PreSonuses which are really nice, even in a suboptimal setup. The PreSonus Eris 3.5s are £79 on Amazon and have good reviews. (I have some slightly larger ones.)

The only advantage of the ones you've linked will be that they take up less of your desk...
I don't have much space on my desk as the gaming monitor takes up most of the space. I don't have space for PreSonus Eris 3.5s.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I don't have much space on my desk as the gaming monitor takes up most of the space. I don't have space for PreSonus Eris 3.5s.
A pity. For audio quality, you'd be better off with some decent headphones than with the ones you've linked there.

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
A pity. For audio quality, you'd be better off with some decent headphones than with the ones you've linked there.
I'm specifically looking for speakers as I don't want to wear headphones for long hours. I have good pair of Microsoft Surface.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm specifically looking for speakers as I don't want to wear headphones for long hours. I have good pair of Microsoft Surface.
Edifier do some excellent PC speakers, the Razer Nomo are good sound, Creative T60 are suprisingly good for the price.

TBH though, the Creative Pebble Plus are a really good package as they include a small sub so you'll get a much better rounded sound whereas straight 2.0 systems can sound a little tinny

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've got the Creative Pebble v3 on mine (just the 2 small speakers, not the sub), and for such a small speaker the sound is excellent...and they're still going strong after 3 years.

Okay, they're not as good as my 20 year old Edirol MA-20 active studio monitors were (which have been donated to a family member for their Mac), but they also don't need as much space, nor do they need a separate power supply.

purplewakanda

Gold Level Poster
Edifier do some excellent PC speakers, the Razer Nomo are good sound, Creative T60 are suprisingly good for the price.

TBH though, the Creative Pebble Plus are a really good package as they include a small sub so you'll get a much better rounded sound whereas straight 2.0 systems can sound a little tinny

I finally bought these Creative Pebble with the subwoofer. I didn't expect them to be loud for such an affordable price tag. I'm quite happy with these.