Recover the Internet History

bright_user

Hello guys!

I have a question. Is there a possibility to recover the deleted history from the sites that were used on the pc? The browser I use is Firefox. If it is not possible to recover the deleted history can I see which sites are visited and when using my router?

I will appreciate any help on the topic! Thanks :)

ps. Feel free to move the thread if it is not in the right section.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
From memory (I don't use FF any more) Firefox stores its history etc. in a profile that you'll find in %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\. If you can recover the contents of that folder your history should be back. I would STRONGLY advise that you copy the existing profile folder to a USB stick before you try recovering the deleted bits though.

bright_user

From memory (I don't use FF any more) Firefox stores its history etc. in a profile that you'll find in %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\. If you can recover the contents of that folder your history should be back. I would STRONGLY advise that you copy the existing profile folder to a USB stick before you try recovering the deleted bits though.
Okay, I will do that! How about a software that tracks the sites you visited, not only from your pc but from every device using your internet connection?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Okay, I will do that! How about a software that tracks the sites you visited, not only from your pc but from every device using your internet connection?

Tracking every device would need software at the router and AFAIK that doesn't exist.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

You would need to write a custom firmware such as DD-WRT to a compatible router, then you'd be able to track full navigation. You need to know what you're doing with custom routers though, otherwise it's likely you'll be wide open to attacks and intrusions.

mishra

Rising Star

I had a lot of good experience with ActivTrack. It's totally invisible to the end user but it have to be installed on the PC first (it takes like 2 mins). Then you can monitor (from web portal) who visits what sites, what applications are being used, it also takes screenshots of the screen .. well the whole package. However it's not free and is also not the cheapest out there. You can haggle price if you go on their website chat - I got it 30% cheaper than rrp.
I think you are more after some home use software while ActivTrack is more designed for businesses - it's worth looking tho if you want total visibility of whats happening on the computer.

Last edited: