Red CPU light on Asus Strix Z370E gaming motherboard comes on and goes off only when gaming.

Hey guys

I got my PC made by you guys back in early 2018 and it has worked great until a month ago. Since early June my Corsair H200i CPU Cooler the temperature LED has been going red telling me my cpu is overheating but the temps say it's happening at 52 degrees. Case gets thorough monthly cleaning the cooler fans come off and radiator is cleaned out so I got some Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste and cleaned off the old, wiped down with isopropyl 99.9% alcohol and added the arctic and now something has gone wrong. It runs fun when using normally but as soon as I try open a game on here (specifically my most played game Skyrim SE which is rather heavily modded) the red cpu light on my motherboard comes on but it doesn't stay on, it will be on for 12 odd seconds and then go off and pop up for a few seconds here and there or on when game running in certain locations light stays on but when paused it goes off which is very odd, all the connections are secure and all plugs firmly in and I also tried switching the fans to pull air in as I got an extra 140mm exhaust fan at the back of the case. I am at my wits end trying to figure out what has happened tried redoing the paste and nothing, do you guys think my Corsair H100i cooler could be malfunctioning as it only comes on when gaming, streaming, opening picture editing software, is all fine and that could be the reason for cpu light? I am very confused by it.

I got HW Monitor and did a test and when launching game and running for 2 mins the temps spiked to 93 degrees, did a test with OCCT and that reached 100 degrees max and caused both cpu light and corsair lights to come on and turn red.

My build info is below and only extra changes are exhaust fan, the thermal paste and added a m.2 and SSD drives.
Thanks, Amy

Case
Send in own case - Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Special Edition Midi Tower - White
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor i7-8700 (3.2GHz) 12MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs, WIFI - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB DDR4 3000MHz (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE GTX 1070
1st Storage Drive
500GB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 540MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
1st Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 3.5" SSHD
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
16x BLU-RAY WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW & SOFTWARE
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H100i V2 Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting
50cm RGB LED Strip
Fan Controller
NZXT GRID+ V3 Fan Controller with up to 5 Fitted Case Fans
Sound Card
ASUS STRIX Soar 7.1 PCIe sound card
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™
Monitor
ASUS VE248HR 24" LED DISPLAY
Monitor Cables
1 x 2 METRE GOLD PLATED V1.4 HDMI CABLE
Keyboard & Mouse
ASUS Cerberus Keyboard & Mouse Bundle - PBA Promo