Refund/Dpd lost my 2grand pc

feargal

Update on my situation - so i got a text this morning saying my package would arrive between 12.30-1.30. I waited for the delivery and nothing arrived so i checked the tracking on the DPD website and it said the delivery was carded. After a quick google i saw this meant the delivery driver was here and I wasn't home apparently. I had been home the whole time and there was no card or no phone call or any contact made at which point I assumed either the wrong address or as I suspected the most the driver was flat out lying. I phoned PCS, after 40 mins on hold i got through and explained the situation. I told the guy it needs to get here today as I'm gonna be away for the weekend and most of next week. He put me on hold and phoned DPD, he got back to me a few mins later and said they said the earliest they can deliver is tomorrow. At this point I explained I won't be here and can i put in for a refund (was kind of bluffing here as I can have someone come here and sign for it tomorrow, not ideal but can be done) The guy said absolutely I can put in for a refund and he'll put a note return to sender and when it's returned and inspected my refund will be processed and will probably take a few weeks :S I said ok leave it until tomorrow but if it's not here tomorrow I'll be applying for a refund (not bluffing this time as I've been messed about too much). We left it at that at which point I got DPDs number for the depot here and spoke to a guy and explained the situation. He phoned the driver and confirmed the driver wasn't at my address and that he just put it as carded because he was gonna deliver it last and would be late. So basically he flat out lied and put carded because he was gonna be late without as much as a phone call or a text. The guy on the phone said the driver would deliver it today and would be here within half an hour which just passed 5 mins ago so I guess I'll see in the next hour or so if I'm finally gonna get it. When it gets here now due to all the hassle I'm gonna ask the DPD guy to wait until I open and inspect it before I sign for it if it ever gets here. The whole thing has surprised me, DPD flat out lying and I'm wondering now if the PCS guy even phoned DPD Ireland which he said he did even though when I asked DPD they said they had no contact from PCS. This PCS guy on the phone and DPD where willing to lose a 2k order and leave me waiting weeks for a refund over something that could've been sorted so easily. This is my third day I've missed some work trying to sort this or waiting in for delivery. Although it's not the end of the world the whole thing has left a bitter taste in the mouth, clearly there's a lot to improve on here from both DPD and PCS. At the end of the day I won't care if the PC arrives today in working order but we shall see...

Ash_

Master Poster
Unfortunately i have has such experiences with DPD, but they have flat out forged my ‘digital signature’, i phoned to complain and DPD swore blind, they had checked the drivers GPS and he was at my house. I was actioning it on fraud and the package was found... scanned back into their depot. It more DPD than PCS

feargal

Yeah it's definitely more DPD and I'm tempted to put in a complaint after the package has arrived safely tho still not here yet so I'm not expecting it to come and half expecting it to be damaged if it does show up. I feel like PCS need to be more on top of DPD and communicating and chasing up problems with DPD proactively rather than leaving it to the customer to chase up DPD's problems when we have no contract with them. I don't think PCS can be excused for passing the buck, I have a contract with them, not DPD.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
And I think it's also worth noting that PCS were willing to offer a refund without hesitation - despite it being a custom built unit - and despite it clearly not being lost and being in the hands of the courier. That says everything I need to know about their level of greed to be honest and dedication to the customer.

If anyone else wants peace of mind about your money I think this should help. (y) Issues contacting them notwithstanding of course.....

Stephen M

Author Level
Two years ago I could not fault DPD but that changed long before the current situation. They seem to have relaxed a lot their criteria for taking on new drivers and have found the email and phone people to be quite rude at times.

I never get nasty with people, despite wanting to at times but some of the DPD responses were as if I had sworn at them from the start.

Would still say 90% of their drivers are first rate but other 10 a big worry.

Have had a couple of issues with other companies when running very late but they phoned or emailed so I knew what was going on. If they tell the truth I don't mind. A guy from DHL called to say he was about two or three hours behind and as my package was marked perishable did I want it or should he keep it and they would have to refund - it was a guaranteed by a certain time delivery.

I knew a few hours would not matter so said bring it anyway. It was fine and the guy admitted to me he was new on the firm and even with Satnav had got lost. With some of the country lanes here that is believeable, was just happy he had been honest.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Two years ago I could not fault DPD but that changed long before the current situation. They seem to have relaxed a lot their criteria for taking on new drivers and have found the email and phone people to be quite rude at times.

I never get nasty with people, despite wanting to at times but some of the DPD responses were as if I had sworn at them from the start.

Would still say 90% of their drivers are first rate but other 10 a big worry.

Have had a couple of issues with other companies when running very late but they phoned or emailed so I knew what was going on. If they tell the truth I don't mind. A guy from DHL called to say he was about two or three hours behind and as my package was marked perishable did I want it or should he keep it and they would have to refund - it was a guaranteed by a certain time delivery.

I knew a few hours would not matter so said bring it anyway. It was fine and the guy admitted to me he was new on the firm and even with Satnav had got lost. With some of the country lanes here that is believeable, was just happy he had been honest.
It seems to be very much a locality thing as well, we’re extremely lucky, I’ve had 3 different DPD driver over the last 5 years or so and they’ve all been top notch, can’t fault them at all, but in other areas you’ll get people who always get bad service.

I always recommend installing the DPD app as that has a driver review section when the parcel has been delivered and I’m certain if a driver racks up enough bad reviews that DPD would do something about it.

Not sure many people know about the app though, but it’s really good.

Tradestone

It seems to be very much a locality thing as well, we’re extremely lucky, I’ve had 3 different DPD driver over the last 5 years or so and they’ve all been top notch, can’t fault them at all, but in other areas you’ll get people who always get bad service.

I always recommend installing the DPD app as that has a driver review section when the parcel has been delivered and I’m certain if a driver racks up enough bad reviews that DPD would do something about it.

Great idea.

feargal

Well PC is up and running smoothly thank god. Haven't tested any games yet, just installing everything that I had on my old PC and will try that later tonight. Thanks to those who put my mind at rest that PCS would deliver or do everything correctly on their end. Seems a lot of the issues I had where from DPD which I don't fully excuse PCS from but I bet it's more annoying for them the amount of problems DPD cause than it was for me.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Well PC is up and running smoothly thank god. Haven't tested any games yet, just installing everything that I had on my old PC and will try that later tonight. Thanks to those who put my mind at rest that PCS would deliver or do everything correctly on their end. Seems a lot of the issues I had where from DPD which I don't fully excuse PCS from but I bet it's more annoying for them the amount of problems DPD cause than it was for me.
Super stuff.

I think the key thought, for me at least, is the difference between responsibility and blame. PCS are responsible for all issues relating to delivery - but they aren't necessarily to blame for them.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Yeah not really had any problem with DPD here either, always prompt and friendly, mind you the local hermes is good as well, neve had problems with them either & we all know what a bad reputation they have.............