Regarding Warranty

Miyata

Hey,

When I bought the laptop I got the standard warranty - 1 month collect and delivery, 1 year parts, 3 year labor. I am only like 8-9 months in.

Q1: Is there a way to arrange collection and delivery? Can I pay those extra £5 now, to get 1 year collection and delivery?

Q2: Because how else would I send it, and get it back? I wouldn't trust something like royal mail, and price would be like £40 quid for something so heavy I bet.

Q3: Also will the parts be free according to 1 year parts warranty? I would need few missing keys (well I have them but the white thing broke off impossible to reattach), screen replacement because has white shadow on the side of screen, pretty big. Normally you won't see it but if you look at dark background, like black or dark purple or whatever I can see it.

Also some other thing is wrong which needs checking, something to do with brightness but it basically goes up and down on its own. I disabled everything possible, and all that crap, pretty sure hardware related. Also laptop goes to sleep randomly even though in power settings sleep mode is completely disabled, and laptop is not being idle - something to do with charger usually when it pops out and I plug it back in then it goes to sleep sometimes.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
q1, im not so sure about that tbh. Best to call PCS.

q2, i think you would have to package up the item and send it via special delivery or parcel farce. Or ask PCS what they suggest.

q3, Parts should be fine as you are in warranty. However, best to speak to PCS.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Q1 no you can't
Q2 I am not sure what the question is
Q3 I don't think wear and tear is covered. Faulty hardware would be covered.