Registration failure

micpro

I received my new desktop PC a week or so ago and when I entered the Windows registration key (found on the back of the machine) the response was "Invalid key" (or similar wording). I double checked that I had copied the key correctly and it appears to be right. A second attempt also failed. As the PC offered a "skip" option I moved on and thought I'd come back to the problem later. It's now reminding me that I have only 30 days to enter the key so I need to sort the problem out. I tried again to no avail.

Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Mike

Rakk

The Awesome
Generally whenever putting in the CD key gives that error when copying from one of those stickers, it really is the fact that the key has been entered wrong.
The O's and 0's look very similar, and 5's look like S's often as well

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
As Rakk said it's easy to misread some letters,if your sure your entering the correct key
try activating by phone,
open Windows Activation by clicking the Start button, right-clicking Computer, clicking Properties, and then clicking Activate Windows now.,click Show me other ways to activate.
Type your Windows 7 product key, and then click Next.
Click Use the automated phone system,Click the location nearest you from the drop-down list, and then click Next.
Call one of the available phone numbers listed. An automated system will guide you through the activation process.
If activation isn't successful,stay on the line to be transferred to a customer service representative who can assist you.

micpro

Thanks

Thanks guys for the advice. I re-read the number three or four times and eventually tried a "B" instead of an "8" and it worked! Microsoft should use a clearer font or something.

Mike