Reliable web-based POS system

Beverly Whiteaker

my pal has an e-commerce site, he is planning to get a POS system so he can better streamline their credit card payment processing, and keep track of inventory and employees. He also wants to get an iPad POS so he can use it anywhere. Any recommendations?

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
I went though something similar between 12 and 18 months ago, it turned out to be quite difficult to get 1 application that does everything as perfectly as you want.

If he is happy to pay the cash (it can be quite a bit depending how much support you need and the scale of the operation) then you will find people willing to provide customisations to suit your specific needs.

I ended up spending a long time playing with an open source application called uniCenta LINK -> https://unicenta.com/ Though I don't know if that's something he would be interested in as it isn't web based.

I never actually took the jump to using it as the benefits were not significant enough for what we do so I cant comment too much on its real functionality but in my testing it seemed fine.

Beverly Whiteaker

Thanks for the advice and suggestion. I'll make sure to bookmark this thread so I can show him your answer. I think he's leaning more towards using TSys. But I don't know if they have all that he's looking for. Do you know them?