Remote connections down

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear you are having issues with your system, the forums are often a good place to search for solutions to software issues. We typically provide full after sales support for hardware issues and not software issues. We can occasionally look into sorting out software issues you have with your system.
Would you be able to provide your order number either on here or by PM, how old is your system out of curiosity?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It's not unreasonable I think for PCS to offer minimal assistance with software errors. Once a PC leaves their factory they have no idea what the end user will do with it nor what software and/or configuration changes they might make. In my long experience many users "shoot themselves in the foot" by making unwise or ill-considered software changes, though I'm not suggesting you have done that of course. PCS are a supplier of custom-built laptops and PCs, they are not a fix-everything tech support company. In my opinion as long as all the pre-installed software is working properly at the time of delivery, then PCS's responsibility to my software is completed. The only exceptions to that should be BIOS updates and probably updated drivers.

In the same vein, PCS can only be expected to offer hardware support if you contact them as soon as you suspect a hardware problem and allow PCS to fix it for you. If you make hardware changes to a PCS-supplied laptop or PC on your own then the hardware becomes your responsibility I think? PCS will, and do, fix the hardware and software they have supplied, and they do this quickly and well, their after sales support is truly excellent. But it I don't see why it should extend to supporting hardware or software changes made by the customer without PCS's knowledge, support and guidance.

PaulH

Bright Spark
Your Order is from 26/04/2012.

And herein lies the problem - we do not do software support, we never have and we never will in an official capacity, there are too many factors than can influence this and cause problems - we are not a call centre of 100 people, we have 6 people who take Sales, tracking, Returns and Tech Support calls, we help when we can (and we even tried to liveview you before and offer to help - this is entirely not in our remit but we tried anyway) but we simply cannot help every person install a driver or walk them through installing a printer - it is un-feasable.

If it is a quick fix, or something we can easily rectify we will do it for you (and again I stress, we dont have to) and at the risk of sounding harsh, it is your responsibility.

Last edited: